TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I'm 56 and live in rural northwestern Pennsylvania. I started out in life riding dirt bikes then dual purpose then street then dual purpose and now dirt so I've come full circle.Well I should specify that I still have a dual purpose but I call it dirt since I took off the mirrors and turn signals and it hasn't been licensed for years. I'm refering to my 1998 TW200 that I bought in 2003. It had 4800 miles on it and I paid $1200. It now has probably 25,000 on it. The speedomotor stopped working at 20,000. It's been my all-time favorite bike out of the dozen or so I've owned in over 40 years. I look forward to making new friends here. I signed up last year but never really posted. I should add that in addition to motorcycles I enjoy family stuff, especially playing with my grandchildren, writing, anything in the woods, and am an amateur astronomer. My screen name is my favorite constellation.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Welcome aboard from Texas!
The guys that run this joint insist you have fun here...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for all the welcomes. This is a pretty awesome place!
Fred (post 5) Most of those miles are from when it was street legal.
Purple (post 2) I'm pretty low tech but I'm sure my wife can figure out how to post a picture of my TW.
pred (post 4) There's some decent trails but like it is everywhere lawsuits and potential lawsuits have caused a lot of no trespassing signs to go up. It was great in the 70s and 80s though. Warren County is to the east of me and has lots of trails if you're looking for an adventure. I own 22 acres and half of that is an old grown up gravel pit. I paced off all my trails and it was nearly 2 miles. There's an old railroad right of way and some of that is open. It used to go down your way from where I live in Erie County and is right by my house. It was called the Penn Central. I'm old enough to remember when trains still used it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts