TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, including the TW guys on ADV who gave me some useful advice and pointed me this way.

It’s not been easy to find a decent TW200 here in France, plenty of 125’s but the 200 is as they say like rocking horse poo, apparently only 67 were ever imported…. In all I’ve been looking for a half decent TW200 for at least 2 years; BUT, at last I now have one in the bike shed. And it’s the model with the kick and button too, low miles (4500) and the original tools & tyres, manuals etc. all in all I’m a happy bunny. This 94 TW is about to become my lightweight go anywhere and camp bike, so anticipating many adventures together. I’ll be making up lightweight racks etc. etc. so will post up progress as it goes. Gave her a good service and a general tidy up today, then went for a little ride. I was surprised how well she gets along for a 200 single. Will probably stick with the standard gearing as it's a little under geared on the road but thinking about right on the steep trails.

Thanks to the guys who put this forum together and maintain it.

DSCN0286.JPG

Cheers
Potski

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D We like pictures!!

Reactions: SanDue

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, perfect english and a Rover. Makes me suspect you are a transplant from the land of Purple. Welcome.
Hey Borneo; btw, are you really from Borneo? :D

I live in France, never said I was French..... Heck those guys eat snails ;)

Cheers
Potski

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Very nice! Heck if you got a motorcycle carrier to fit into your receiver hitch, you could take the TW with you on off-road trips and make a base camp from which to explore.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice! Heck if you got a motorcycle carrier to fit into your receiver hitch, you could take the TW with you on off-road trips and make a base camp from which to explore.
Hi RobG,

Aha....ahead of you there, I made one some years back for a Monkey bike, tried it with the TW but thought it a bit heavy..It would be doing off road stuff; maybe inside..but I generally don't use the Land rover in the photo.

Thanks for all the fun welcomes guys.

Cheers
Potski

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Hey Borneo; btw, are you really from Borneo? :D

I live in France, never said I was French..... Heck those guys eat snails ;)

Cheers
Potski
Nah, nickname. My mother used to refer to me as the Wild Man of Borneo.

Oh, and I found the TW too heavy to haul on the hitch of my D90 also.

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
Glad to have you here, welcome!
That is a rather nice combination of bike, trailer and LWB Land Rover. You could really go off the beaten track with that set up. I imagine there is an interesting story behind your avatar picture too...Alps,Himalyas, Pyrenees?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hi Borneo.

Well spotted; guess I'm busted on the Honda thing :D

Yep, I like Honda V Twins... I REALLY like Honda V Twins, especially my old 88 Transalp. They were practice films for work really.

Thanks for the welcome Ronnydog...

Friendly forum this !

Cheers
Potski

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Hi Borneo.

Well spotted; guess I'm busted on the Honda thing :D

Yep, I like Honda V Twins... I REALLY like Honda V Twins, especially my old 88 Transalp. They were practice films for work really.

Thanks for the welcome Ronnydog...

Friendly forum this !

Cheers
Potski
I really like them too. As you look around, you will find that a large number of the Misfits have other bikes. We enjoy talking about those too. The other bikes subforum is a great place to share what ya got.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really like them too. As you look around, you will find that a large number of the Misfits have other bikes. We enjoy talking about those too. The other bikes subforum is a great place to share what ya got.

Do you have other machines?

Not sure if this is my imagination, but, there seem an ever increasing number of "bikers" for want of a better word going for smaller capacity machines? It wasn't that long ago that I had 1100 Guzzis Kawasakis etc, now my TA600 is perhaps larger than need be sometimes; enter the TW200.

Btw, I was reading your excellent blog last night; very thought provoking stuff indeed! Had a few, can't be quantified bean can moments myself, guess we all have.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts