TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bikes motor reminds me a lot of my old Big Red 3 wheeler from way back, the only thing lacking is the little switch/lever near the countershaft for high and low range gearing.

No chance of an old yamaha with similar style motor that had that feature? I have no idea how it really worked but have to think it was a pretty simple gear reduction system.

Its OK to dream, isn't it?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have an old Yamaha Moto4 a 1986 that has 225cc,a five speed,and dual range with reverse. Something like that might fit into your plans.

Wayne.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
The Moto4 was a shaftie. I've been wanting to take one apart to see if this was doable.

There's a remote chance that the output shaft could be similar enough to do some parts swapping.

I think Wayne should take one for the team and sacrifice his.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
A'ight, then.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My big red was an '83 with chain drive, my buddy had an '84 and it was shaft to give a rough idea of the years involved

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I have a chain drive Big Red. But I think the Moto4 stands a better chance of donorhood. I've never heard of anyone who's looked into it.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Boy that reverse would be nice. More than a couple of times have I been on a narrow trail that started to go downhill into an area that I thought best to avoid. In those situations I find it difficult getting the bike heading back uphill. Gerry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts