TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In process of customizing one of my bikes (see performance topic). Going for a certain look and in doing so a certain name that will match. Which is harder than I thought. Any hoot figured it out and was curious if you all name your bikes and how you came up with the name. Is your bike a he/she lol I always refer to cars/bikes as girls, not sure why but just do. However their names do not reflect gender ... I have a 2006 called Flash and 1999 called recon (again pics can be seen on other post). Recon I named since she will eventually be an army scrambler type bike and Flash was named because even though she can not keep up with the bigger bikes she is as fast as Flash to me!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Mine has a dude's name. I call it "Hi Jolly". Long story and only of value to the geekiest sub-subclass of desert history geekazoidz.

Dutiful, dedicated, dependable, Tough as nails. Odd-looking to his contemporaries and therefore completely misunderstood and under-appreciated. But if you piss him off there's no guaranty that he'll just go around you cuz he's just as likely to go through you.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I just think it is great how we attach names to otherwise nameless objects!

Mental heath professionals have several words for that tendency. And several more for those who attribute human tendencies or gender to inanimate objects.

Welcome to the program.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mental heath professionals have several words for that tendency. And several more for those who attribute human tendencies or gender to inanimate objects.

Welcome to the program.
Yup .... I am one of those
I just about name everything that I am attached too ... just coz!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Mine has a dude's name. I call it "Hi Jolly". Long story and only of value to the geekiest sub-subclass of desert history geekazoidz.

Dutiful, dedicated, dependable, Tough as nails. Odd-looking to his contemporaries and therefore completely misunderstood and under-appreciated. But if you piss him off there's no guaranty that he'll just go around you cuz he's just as likely to go through you.

Are you talking about me!

Ronnydog

PS. I call the bike big foot

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Are you talking about me!

Ronnydog

PS. I call the bike big foot

Lol. Yer too danged big to piss off.

BTW I'm hauling my new motorsickle home in a few.

On the TW.

Can you guess what I found?
I may take up stealth fishing.

Neener, neener.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My TW is not a good looker. No decals, bad rattle can paint job, no pretty farkles. Fugly is what I call mine. Sitting between TWBrian's and MrBracket's two beautifull bikes for the first NorCal 150 shows how this is the only name that would be right.

Joemama

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't have a forum name: My T-dub does: the Tipsy Wombat. Not because either the bike or myself feel it wise to imbibe and ride... more like "tipsy" as in off balance-- I had to stick with the initials TW, right?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I name all my vehicles after ex-girlfriends that they remind me of. The TW is named after a 4'11" quirky, unique and very low maintenance "hippy chick" that was more comfortable camping than in the city. It seemed a natural choice.

Fortunately the TW is a better bike than she was a girlfriend, and the TW has already lasted longer than she did.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
See if you give them a name it does not seem so weird when you are out in public having a conversation with your bike ...."I know it's hot out baby but you are cool as a cucumber" ... "It may be a treacherous road ahead but every journey begins with a rotation of knobby tires" ... "we may not be the fastest but we're the quickest to catch people's attention"!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts