TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking over maps for future riding opportunities I discovered possibly the highest peak in the world right here in the good old U.S. of A. I think we can ride the TW's up to the top if we rejet our carbs and carry oxygen canisters like they do on Mount Everest.

The peak I'm wanting to ride is of course the Tabernacle Peak just a little southeast of Jackson Hole, WY. At nearly 80,256 Ft. above sea level I think we can do it. Who's with me? :D
This photo has not been altered but I think whoever printed it could have made a slight error. Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,221 Posts
Shouldn't you be able to see Tabernacle Butte from your front porch on a clear day?
I was thinking we could get a couple of bottles of each, plumb one into the helmet and the other into the TW airbox. Then I thought just for giggles why not just go with 100% laughing gas.:D nos-14750-zr1nos_xl.jpg o2.png

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew Mt. Patterson Fred would be with me on this one. Mt. Patterson was just a warm up ride. Same with my Twin Peaks L.O. ride. We're golden! We already laugh/giggle at ourselves, why not add a little octane to our giggles. :p

·
Registered
209 Posts
I haven't ridden that peak....but I have ridden the Lander Cut Off From South Pass to Trappers Point West of Pinedale..... and to Union Pass.... and the Pass south of the Wilderness from the Popo Agie (a river that goes underground)….. I enjoy riding the historical and heritage trails and there are more bears than people in the Wind River Range ....I like that...

There is a world class Mountain Man Museum in Pinedale..

·
Registered
604 Posts
If we summit that mole hill, we should be able to wave at the Russians on the ISS.
High altitude or "HIGH" alta, dude?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Should definitely bring a paraglider = would definitely break some record gliding down from that elevation! Could see your reflection in passing satellites too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts