TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

High altitude

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  goldenhtr 
#1 ·
I live about 400ft above sea level and will be hunting and riding at 5 to 7 thousand ft. I saw other hunters with bikes adjusting the carb. Will I have to and can I hurt the bike?

#3 ·
Welcome and where you from? Always helps when seeking quality answers to give us some basics like model year, location , and any modifications related to issue at hand.
If you have stock settings then 5,000 to 7,000 should not be a problem as the TW comes from the factory set fairly lean for emissions and mileage concerns. Certainly this is true for California models.

#4 ·
My TW is stock. We rode through Mancos, CO a few days ago on the highway and the loss of power was obvious at 7,000 ft...I couldn't keep up with 50-60 mph traffic.
At slower speeds, we've ridden La Sal pass in Moab, over 10,100 feet, and I did not find the power loss as objectionable. In other words, your results may vary depending on the riding you'll be doing. PS: Rhode Island's highest point is 812 feet...not an issue here.

#5 ·
I have no problem riding at 5000-7000 hunting or not. All stock except for my 52 tooth rear sprocket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.