TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to ride up to the upper lakes around were I live before the snow sets in.

First stop Fuel. This guy next to me must have had fun driving up the windy roads
to get here
Mclaren_edited-1.jpg

Now we head up to 7,640 ft to the fire lookout.
Brundage Fire Tower_web.jpg

Down at the bottom is McCall. The place I call home.
We live at 5,050 ft.
Fire Tower lookout of lake_web.jpg
Now we are off to Brundage Reservoir
Cory at Brundage Resivore_Web.jpg
That's me at Brundage

Chip at Brundage Resivore_Web.jpg
This is Chip. He is retired Forest Service. He keeps me from
getting lost up here.

Next stop: Fisher Creek Saddle

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Great view leaving the saddle
View attachment 45513
Granite Lake web.jpg
Granite Lake
They are lowering the level of the lake in
preparation for winter. I am parked in what was the lake a couple weeks ago
Granite lake tw 2_web.jpg
There were 2 other lakes we didn't get to because we were already at 65 miles and fuel was becoming an issue. We also were getting hungry.
We will hit those soon.

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
Does Chip have some Pack Goats? Couple years ago we met a retired forest service guy who packed in with some kind of special goats into Coffee Cup Lake (west of where you rode) while riding our mules up past Grassy Lakes. I think he was fishing with his grandson. Goats and mules can be a bit weary of each other, to say the least. All beautiful up there. We've not ridden to Granite Lake as of yet.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No goats for Chip. His other passion is Kayaking. As far as fishing goes, he didn't even get a license this year. He's one of the most outdoorsy person I know and always at the water but fishing isn't at the top of his list. I find the older
i get the more I like fishing.

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
Looking to the east is Grassy Lakes. Though I've only ridden our mules to the lakes, I think it's fairly easy to ride to them via the single track motorcycle allowable trail. You can also ride up where the photo is taken though the trail up to this point is pretty rocky. Steep wise not that bad, just lots of rock. The older I get the less likely I am to ride this trail on the TW. Mule anytime, TW sketchy for me but very beautiful up here as you are well aware of!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts