TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cycleracks front rack. Does anyone know if the high fender modification works without bumping into the front rack? I'm sure I could modify things to make it work, but just curious...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the fender doesn't move with the wheel when it is mounted high, so if it fits under the rack, your good
Thanks grewen! My concern was if the rack would impead mounting of the fender, e.g.: can the fender be positioned under the rack or will bracket position cause fender to hit rack and not be able to be installed. I guess I will just order a kit and modify if necessary!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
This has come up before, in which case a heat gun was recommended if there was interference. Never seen one mounted up though. I'm interested in trying it myself but haven't got the front rack yet.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i thought you might be able to tell by looking at my picture. i'm not familiar with how the rack mounts on the front

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got mine to work with a cycleracks front rack, had to shim the bottom rack mounts with about 1/2 inch worth of washers and used a longer bolt. I then mounted a full size poly sport UFX fender. It turned out great. Fender barely touches the rack.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This has come up before, in which case a heat gun was recommended if there was interference. Never seen one mounted up though. I'm interested in trying it myself but haven't got the front rack yet.
Mounted my high mount front fender from procycle this evening. I had to shim a smidge, the front which lowered the fender enough to clear the cycle racks front rack. I cut some gas line to create a shim. I think it worked out nicely!

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mounted my high mount front fender from procycle this evening. I had to shim a smidge, the front which lowered the fender enough to clear the cycle racks front rack. I cut some gas line to create a shim. I think it worked out nicely!
I realize this is an older post, but I'm curious... I just picked up a TW this past weekend and of course I'm now in the process of modding it to suit my own taste. A high mount front fender is one of those things I'm considering.... I've been looking at mine and trying to come up with a way to fabricate a way of mounting the stock fender under the lower triple clamp. Then, I looked at the Procycle mount kit, but they offer supermoto fenders as an add-on with the bracket. I'm not crazy about those. But, it appears that you've used the Procycle bracket to mount a stock fender under the lower triple clamp. I can't find good detailed photos of the Procycle bracket to see how it mounts a fender. Is it possible to easily mount the stock fender using their bracket?

I'm not sure how I'll get along with the high fender, so I don't want to modify my stocker irreversibly. But, if it's possible to mount the stock fender using their bracket, and then go back to stock if wanted, that may be what I'm looking for...

Thanks for any info and/or advise...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have exactly what you're talking about, stock fender on the Procycle bracket. I bought the bike like this but I'd imagine you have to drill some holes through the fender to mount it, but only on the top of the fender where it's normally hidden under the stock bracket anyway. The Procycle bracket wouldn't be terribly hard to fabricate yourself, really. I've got the stock bracket and may try going back to it with the stock fender back in its low position. It acts as a fork brace. I'd like to at least see if it feels more stable in stock form there. If so I'll just put some spacers on the stock one like others have for some extra clearance.

However I've had this particular TW for a year or two now and it's not been terrible as it is with the stock bracket removed. It's pretty much all been on pavement.

·
Registered
19,404 Posts
If you are good at bending metal or cutting aluminum angle stock you can replicate or approximate the Procycle bracket and mount any fender of your choice to it like this: bracket.jpeg

However the OEM fender would not be my first choice due to questionable esthetics of the OEM fender's molded in recesses as well as the tighter radius compared to many other high mount fenders. fender.jpeg
A google image search might identify a more pleasing fender profile.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you are good at bending metal or cutting aluminum angle stock you can replicate or approximate the Procycle bracket and mount any fender of your choice to it like this: View attachment 198484

However the OEM fender would not be my first choice due to questionable esthetics of the OEM fender's molded in recesses as well as the tighter radius compared to many other high mount fenders. View attachment 198486
A google image search might identify a more pleasing fender profile.
Yeah, brackets are my specialty as I've made all sorts of custom one off brackets for various projects in the past. But those are usually for custom applications where no off the shelf item exists. I considered doing the same here. But then I considered sourcing the material, the time it would take to fabricate it to my liking, then powder coat, etc... Nah, the Procycle version is already done and ready to bolt on. While it may be a little high for a simple bent piece of metal, it looks well done. And well, my time is worth more to me than the few dollars I could save in making it myself. I ordered one a bit ago. :icon_thumleft:

And yeah, while I hadn't considered how the radius may look, I did think about the recessed area. So I ordered the design 1 of the UFO supermoto front fender. Hard to tell how it'll look on the bike from just photos online, but I think I like the shape of the design 1 version. Guess I'll see when it and the bracket arrives....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts