TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question....but I was curious as to what some of the higher mileage TWs had on the odometer. And what you guys have done to keep them running.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello, I have a 2014 that is all original with 11,300 miles. I change the oil and clean the oil filter and oil strainer every 1000 miles I use Mobil 1 (syn.) I lube the drive chain about every 200 miles and check the valves every 6000 miles. Only name brand gas (Chevron, Shell) There is one member on here (Ken) that is pushing 43,000 miles.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Saw one advertised on Craigslist that had about 63,000 on it. $1800 if I remember correctly.

Out here in Idaho, I see a lot with 20,000+ miles.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I am just under 43000 miles. Mine are mostly street miles so that is a little easier on the engine, I think. I never babied it. I run full throttle with it screaming for short freeway bursts. Hammer it on take offs. 2016 was the only real work I started doing to it, it is a 1993. We have ethanol in the gas. Since I have had it, bought with 125 miles on it. I have changed oil, Valvoline 20/50 about every 3000 miles, added marvel mystery oil, 1 oz per tank and rode it. Changed parts were 3 chains, 2 front sprockets, I don't recall changing the rear. I only remember changing 3 sets of tires, maybe on my 4th. I went through 2 sets of stock tires then switched to Tw203 and tw204 tires. Maybe had 2 sets but don't remember. I am about due for a new set now. 2016 needed some work. Valve job, base gasket replaced. Cylinder looked so good in spec I didn't change rings or piston. Carb got stuffy after the valve job so I rebuilt it. Fork seals changed this year. Played around now, changed to xt225 cam, didn't need it just tinkering. Went to wider pegs after reading posts, changed gear shifter and added set screw since hitting a dog bent it up. New fender from Fred since my nephew stood on it and it cracked in half. Oh, front brakes once I believe. I don't think the back were done yet. It is so low geared just let go the throttle and drop one gear and your nearly stopped. The solid steel top engine bracket cracked in half, JB Weld, I need to replace it or weld it. I think that is all. Overall very low cost for maintenance and repairs. Great bike and fun.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I am just under 43000 miles. Mine are mostly street miles so that is a little easier on the engine, I think. I never babied it. I run full throttle with it screaming for short freeway bursts. Hammer it on take offs. 2016 was the only real work I started doing to it, it is a 1993. We have ethanol in the gas. Since I have had it, bought with 125 miles on it. I have changed oil, Valvoline 20/50 about every 3000 miles, added marvel mystery oil, 1 oz per tank and rode it. Changed parts were 3 chains, 2 front sprockets, I don't recall changing the rear. I only remember changing 3 sets of tires, maybe on my 4th. I went through 2 sets of stock tires then switched to Tw203 and tw204 tires. Maybe had 2 sets but don't remember. I am about due for a new set now. 2016 needed some work. Valve job, base gasket replaced. Cylinder looked so good in spec I didn't change rings or piston. Carb got stuffy after the valve job so I rebuilt it. Fork seals changed this year. Played around now, changed to xt225 cam, didn't need it just tinkering. Went to wider pegs after reading posts, changed gear shifter and added set screw since hitting a dog bent it up. New fender from Fred since my nephew stood on it and it cracked in half. Oh, front brakes once I believe. I don't think the back were done yet. It is so low geared just let go the throttle and drop one geancr and your nearly stopped. The solid steel top engine bracket cracked in half, JB Weld, I need to replace it or weld it. I think that is all. Overall very low cost for maintenance and repairs. Great bike and fun.
Im impressed Ken. Now I know why you know so much about TWs. :)

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Off road I would say needs oil changes more often. One thing I forgot to mention was I Kreem lined the fuel tank which could be why I only did the carb once.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts