TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of this is familiar from the Friday night singletrackery video. This was our Saturday morning warm up ride before attempting something nastier.
Really fun multi-user trail climbs and wanders around for a few miles with only two challenging sections.

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
Now, tails like that keep your attention for sure. Very bouldery too! I know you guys loved it.:thumbsup::wub::blink:

Reactions: SanDue

·
Registered
20,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Admiral, might this be too much for Lori's healing knee?
This was a possible ride destination for your upcoming visit. Very scenic but not too challenging.
The two technical sections are quite short so we could ride her bike up and over.
This is not the rather steep one-way boulder fest trail where I sheared off my foot peg bracket and frame tab...that is coming in Part 2

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
Too much for her but you and I could ride it since I’m planning on coming down a couple days earlier than her.

·
Registered
20,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, last thing I would want is to re-aggravate someone's injury. Thanks for the feedback. Maybe time permitting we could share some of the Sweetwaters...lots of easy/intermediate two tracks. Maybe some of the aspens will be in fall colors.

Summer shade in Sweetwaters: tunnel.jpg

Same location with Fall colors, from Group Ride first week of October, 2018 : fall aspens.jpg

Or maybe we just go ride up Lundy Canyon Lundy.jpg

Or just bite the bullet of weekend traffic and pound pavement over Tioga and into Yosemite. Was a bit smokey last time I was there. We would camp outside park above Mono Lake. UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_561.jpg

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
HOLEY MOLEY!

If I were a younger man...

·
Registered
20,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Part 2 , the second trail that follows a steeply descending ridge line.
Video is longer than my usual but I let it roll on to give a feel for the variable terrain.
Elevations start around 9,000 and video ends around 8,000 ft but day's ride saw us eventually at Strawberry crossing thew American River around 5,700 ft.

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
OK, last thing I would want is to re-aggravate someone's injury. Thanks for the feedback. Maybe time permitting we could share some of the Sweetwaters...lots of easy/intermediate two tracks. Maybe some of the aspens will be in fall colors.

Same location with Fall colors, from Group Ride first week of October, 2018 : View attachment 197906

Or maybe we just go ride up Lundy Canyon View attachment 197908

Or just bite the bullet of weekend traffic and pound pavement over Tioga and into Yosemite. Was a bit smokey last time I was there. We would camp outside park above Mono Lake. View attachment 197910
Either of these options would be great. Boy, those fall colors are fantastic! Sometimes you wish they would be that color all year.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I always dig your post's, Fred! Awesome videos and pictures!

Reactions: Fred and admiral

·
Registered
20,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why thank you Dave!

While it is no Colorado the eastern Sierras sure offers lots of interesting eye candy. So any TW ride tends to be scenic whether it be to tour a historic ghost town, UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1d0.jpg

an alpine lake, UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_831 2.jpg

or simply hanging out with some 4,000 year old trees. 2ndo%0clTKyVqVxqSd5rUA_thumb_19a.jpg

Those were all good ride destinations. Bodi ghost town survived almost a century unmolested until becoming a state park in 1962. Still sort of a time capsule the only thing that changes are the fees. A $5 entrance fee was a surprise when I rode in on a TW 5 years ago but admission is now $10. Still a very neat place. Bodie_old_car.jpg

·
Registered
689 Posts
Colorado has many similarities! I wish I had knowledge of more trails here to host a group ride! I'm still new to riding in general - but I'm working on it...

Reactions: admiral
1 - 11 of 11 Posts