TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
$200, huh. One day I truly hope LEDs will be more affordable.

From your pics, it looks like the light spread at the top of the beam will blind oncoming traffic. Is that how they really are?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They fit into existing headlight shell after removing front glass, I used stainless steel wire from the screws in the Lights heat sink to the existing shell and fixed them onto the adjustment points.
You could use expanding insulation foam or zip ties.
there is a small gap at the front I bridged with Gorrilla tape.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm curious, is there any chance you could post a pic of the light profile, i.e. a pic of the light beam displayed on a vertical surface like a garage door?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Not doubting your homework but I'm not seeing anything to indicate the mandatory CE or TUV certs of any kind on any of their stuff, let alone the required D.O.T. for here in The States.. Where did you locate that info?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Nope. I'll give you an ask since you already have one. Does the lens clearly say "D.O.T." anywhere?

Just curious. Nice price if that means costs are finally coming down, but strictly legal ones usually cost twice that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I Have to be sure, I have enquired too, they sell to Toyota, Nissan etc.
Somebody would noticed that it is for "Off road only"
Even Quadratech does this...
We will see.

Just a thought, we deal with fools running illegal lights of the 90/100w Off road only type halogen bulbs every night on the roads here in NY.
Nobody in the law enforcement community cares any more than the Harleys with crazy loud pipes.
However, in a crash/ accident/ insurance situation the insurance adjusters look very hard indeed.
Hmmm.
These units are on sale and are 1/2 original price.
Still looking.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Wow garethllewelyn, you sure are posting a lot of threads and a lot of repetitive comments about this headlight.

I completely understand being very excited about a new mod, but given the tone of your posts I don't think I'm out of line asking whether you have a professional interest in the website you've linked to?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Wow garethllewelyn, you sure are posting a lot of threads and a lot of repetitive comments about this headlight.

I completely understand being very excited about a new mod, but given the tone of your posts I don't think I'm out of line asking whether you have a professional interest in the website you've linked to?
Yep wondering the same thing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts