TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a guy flying in a tw200 like mines but is bike was higher, I've seen threads talking about replacing the rear shock if that's the case which one is compatible for mines i own a 2015, I also heard I would have to remove the passenger pegs and get a longer kick stand.

·
Registered
428 Posts
A lot of us have put heavier springs on our stock shocks, which reduces the amount of sag, and makes it seem a little taller.

A longer kickstand is certainly helpful (you can use one off an XT225)... but I don't see how passenger pegs have anything to do with the shock! :dontknow:

Some members have used a Banshee shock, which really jacks up the back end, to the point where you'll probably want longer forks to go with it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
I went with a banshee shock. Its almost required to use a much heavier spring if you do this or you'll bottom out 100 times each ride. I used tge heaviest racetech spring and it made the ride amazing! Its one of the best mods you can do. If you add a small 3/4 plywood pad to tge bottom of yo u r kickstand youre good to go. Or you could use 1.125 plywood.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,206 Posts
You are asking someone to do the research work that you should be just as capable of doing yourself.
Nothing wrong with asking for help, you just may have to wait hours, days, or possibly forever to get the desired response.
Learning to use the search feature on this forum can result in getting answers much faster than hopefully waiting for someone else to use the search feature then report back hopefully with response you seek.
If you want to start down the rabbit hole of numerous related threads you may wish to start with post #4 of Gerry's Stickie:REAR SHOCK

·
Registered
19,206 Posts
Ronnydog, in regards to the banshee rear shock installated on your elk hauling, trailer pulling cammo TW:
If you were doing it over would you rather have the linear rate spring like that of a Raptor700's rear spring, or the TWs dual rate rear spring?
If I recall the Raptor 700's spring was proposed back in 2010 as a possible solution to the alleged harsh transition between the 2 spring rates of the TW spring when installed on a Banshee shocked TW200.
On the fence as to which spring for my TW/TTR project. Planning on some needed rise from Banshee at rear to maintain rake with a TTR fork installation..

·
Registered
66 Posts
03-24-2016, 12:55 PM #4
DKV
I'm going to try a banshee shock and put limiter stop on it. I can do the TW spring and spacer. But Eibach has 9" long 2.25" id in 600 lbs./in - 10.7 kg/mm , 700 lbs./in. - 12.5 kg/mm , 800lbs./in. - 14.3 kg/mm and 900 lbs./in. - 16 kg/mm. These are straight rate springs and I see Procycle's springs are straight rate 15 or 19 kg/mm for the stock shock. Has anyone tried the Eibach or similar spring and at what rate ? The stock shock and spring work for my weight , load and slow riding style. Looking for some adjust-ability for comfort on bad asphalt and washboard gravel. I'm thinking the 900 lbs./in for my first attempt and if too stiff go lighter if not stiff enough TW spring and spacer.

I used the Eibach 700 lbs./in. and have about 240 pound load. Limit the stroke or wheel will bottom on frame, stock 2" and I stopped the banshee 1". The spring is a little larger diameter, been fine for 4 thousand miles. With very little preload the sag 1 1/2" and race sag 3" stock shock on top clip sag 1/2" and race sag 2" with me at 225 lbs sooo. This post got me started, but a lot of reading .
https://tw200forum.com/forums/83474/ShowPost.aspx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts