TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I first visited this forum it was for technical assistance and I would do searches exclusively targeting my interests. Often I would see subject matter change within a post and wonder why folks stopped talking about the clutch adjustment info I so desperately sought and were now talking and teasing each other other things. This would make me feel frustrated as I was only interested in the research.
Now I realize as I build cyber-friendships here I am guilty of this same thread hijacking as I banter back and forth with you fine folks. So I ask is there an internet decorum being violated here? Surely some of our newer members are probably wondering why we get so off topic. I enjoy a little playfulness and joking here but wonder if we should show greater respect for the intent of the Original Post. Whatcha think fellow TWers?
P.S. You are all welcome to highjack any of my threads including this one.

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Raining here today and miserable. What's it like where you are today? ;)

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Strong winds blew away my autumn leaves into the next county followed by torrential but welcome rain. Planting garlic next since I don't have to rake the leaves now.:)

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
My Fantasy Football team is 4-2. Glad I found a good thread to share this info.
Mine suck...the Money League I'm in I have the 2nd most points in a 10 team league that my youngest son created....but despite the 2nd most total, I have given up the most, playing every other arse clown when they are HOT...leaves me at 2 wins 4 loses with 6 games to go....I need a winning streak starting this week or I'm toast...:mad:

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The Hi-lift Jack? What a classic tool. While designed primarily to jack up cars and trucks back in the past with substantial metal bumpers the Hi-Lift has many other uses. It can pull, it can compress, it can lift, it can stretch, it can push. Definitely a farmer, rancher, jeeper's friend but of limited use on todays curved under plastic clad bumpers. To jack up a stock modern car with one a hooked cradle-like accessory that can grab a road wheel is often necessary. Heavy, clunky,potentially dangerous, hard to store but none-the-less a versatile valuable tool.
The jack handle isolator stops handle from rattling terribly in transit and helps reduce bruised fingers in operation when lowering a load.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Fred, are you High Jack or what for posting such a worthy thread?

I did have a high Jack in my 69 Landcruiser and low Jack in my Caddy. Never had to use either one of them!

Sorry if I just jacked this thread but I think others will follow soon enough.

I did hear you loud and clear though and carry a bit of guilt myself. Don't allow it to get your panties in a wad. It's all good among friends and even better with us old foggys.

GaryL

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Apple Jack and Monterey Jack! Now there is a worthy combination.
It's getting to be cocktail time here and all this banter is strarting to make me thirsty....Uuuum gonna raid the fridge and crack open the liquor cabinet while you folks clown away. That Bananachunks got me hooked on citrus vodka concoctions while group ride/camping, darn his clever hide.

1 - 20 of 279 Posts