TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little behind on my recreational posts. In early October I headed up to West Virginia to ride the Greenbrier River Trail (bicycle). The weather looked so good, I decided to bring the TW and ride the Highland Scenic Highway which is a 22 mile road through the mountains of West Virginia.

Untitled by rdm2112, on Flickr

The fall colors were amazing !

There are some good places to pull over for spectacular views

There are also some nice forest roads. This one was paved for 6 miles.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
I lived in New England for 6 years while in school. I remember the fall colors of the trees being magnificent but it was something you had to see, a photograph just didn't capture it. Your pictures bring back good memories! Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is beautiful living here in southern California we don’t get to see that. looked like a great day thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I also love the fall colors, especially the reds. Love your pictures, that had to be an amazing ride. Thanks for sharing with us.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Do love those fall colors. Looked like it was a beautiful ride. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Very nice! That looks like a great ride!

·
Registered
257 Posts
youngest son lives in Morgantown, WV. rode the TW through East Tennessee, Virginia (great), West Virginia (better), Pennsylvanya (ok), New York, Ontario Canada, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and back into Tennessee. Need to get back to VA and WV again on two wheels for more exploration. thanks for posting. brought back some memories.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Wow! A friend and i did that road on our trip in October and i didnt even realize it until i looked it up on the map and seen it was highway 39. It started raining on us at the New River Gorge Bridge and didnt stop for two days. Thanks for the pics. It looks alot better without all the fog/rain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts