TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible that I can add highway pegs on the TW? I know it has a short wheel base.....and it's lower.....and there may not be any room....BUT....my knees would really like to have a break from being cranked 90 degrees on the longer rides. I do stand on the pegs at low speeds to maintain my happy hiney and to put cranky knees in their happy place. I've got 2 knees that have matching metal and I need something that will give my knees a different position on a long stretch of highway.

Can this be done~successfully? :confused:

·
Registered
583 Posts
I put a set on my 03TW for those long rides. No metal in my old knees yet but I'm getting there.:( I was fortunate and had these made up at work before I retired. Great addition and my knees thank me for them on the long hauls. They are bolted to the skid plate brackets and the pegs fold up when not required or when the bike takes the occasional nap .:rolleyes: I have a pair of Happy Trails highway pegs on my V-Strom. The price isn't bad and they could probably be made to fit a TW.

Home page for Happy Trails website

[url]http://www.happy-trail.com/happy-trails-highway-pegs-br-dl650-1000.html

[/URL]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a pair of Happy Trails highway pegs on my V-Strom....
That's just what I needed! I ordered it from Happy Trails and hopefully it will mount with little issue. I was beginning to think I was going to have to visit our friendly neighborhood welder to create something, then powder coat it, then mount it on my skid plate. Looking forward to trying it out after I get it. Thank you both for your help!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
What skid plate is that you riders are using?. Years ago I had a XR650L . A similar highway bar / peg was available for the Honda......I still have it. It may fit the skid plate I see on your TW200. So a skid plate purchase may be in my future. TIA. I'm also on the Advrider.com forum and the other TW forum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts