TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a copy-and-paste of a Facebook post I just made. Please don't turn this into an immigration debate that gets us all banned from TW forum. Thanks in advance.

Hillary Clinton, recently, strongly favored building a wall along the U.S./Mexico border. In fact, she has actually voted in favor of measures to spend money on a physical barrier against illegal immigrants. "[Hillary Clinton] touted her past votes in favor of the security measure as recently as November" (Chuck Ross, The Daily Caller, 01/07/2016). Who knew...? I didn't. I'm not here to argue about immigration policies, merely to call out the lies here. Granted, this could be a case of a woman who has genuinely changed her mind. But considering the fact that she was all for "securing the border" in the past, and is totally against it now (conveniently just in time for her current election campaign...), the idea that she actually had a legitimate change of heart does seem unlikely. This is why we need to actually go and research and figure things out. Do some digging into Clinton's history on the border and illegal immigrants...you might be surprised by what you find! Don't let Facebook memes and TV sound bites control elections...hell, don't take my word on this (if you do take my word on this without seeing for yourself, then you aren't taking my advice...).

·
Registered
6,355 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
The actual border wall in question, from the Mexican side....with TW200s!

Agua Prieta, Sonora.

·
Registered
19,575 Posts
While the intent of greater border security via a fence is a noble one the logistics are daunting with the probability of any physical barrier stopping migrant influx rather low. The overwhelming majority of the border is remote with little, or usually no infrastructure nor accessibility. Very little resembles the photos shown in the media, one only sees areas their camera crews can readily and affordably access.
I have some experience working in the places the camera crews don't visit.
Building, maintaining and staffing an effective border barrier would make the Berlin Wall look simple by contrast. Just building the roads to haul in building materials would be extremely time consuming and expensive for the many hundreds of miles of the more remote sections in California, New Mexico and Texas. And in Texas since the border is the centerline of the Rio Grande do we surrender the northern high water mark and build there?
Electronic interdiction coupled with serious punishments for the illegals apprehended are more effective deterrents than the simplistic notion of a "border wall". We need to make the illegals not wish to risk the consequences of illegal border crossings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts