TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Tank mount I presume........I really need to make a tank mount for my Swann camera. I know there is a thread around here some where on it.

I was barely awake and when I read your post I thought it read "Neighbor's houses get excited" and I knew immediately I had to see that -- but when I saw the horses I realized my error and must admit I experienced a slight disappointment.

TW engine sounds like it is working hard towards the end.

And I love the picture of Georgie -- poor doggie must really want to go for a ride.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Driveway is about 1 1/2 miles round trip, but it seems much longer when it's cold out!:D

Georgie is like an American Express Credit Card...I can't leave home without her:p

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here is my ride this afternoon here in Dewitt, Michigan area.
Lots of fun.
I am wondering if the stock 2007 TW has enough wattage to power some heated gear--glove liner uses about 27W and jacket liner uses about 90W. The usage is very intermittent and can be dialed down quite a bit.
Thanks
Simba

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I'm glad to see you got out for a ride. I can also see why you just leave the chains on during the winter. I enjoyed the pic (how'd you do that?) and the video. Thanks for taking us along.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is my ride this afternoon here in Dewitt, Michigan area.
Lots of fun.
I am wondering if the stock 2007 TW has enough wattage to power some heated gear--glove liner uses about 27W and jacket liner uses about 90W. The usage is very intermittent and can be dialed down quite a bit.
Thanks
Simba

I like it! So, were the neighbors wondering who the crazy person is out riding a motorcycle in the snow was? Or do they know you that well already:D

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I enjoyed the pic (how'd you do that?)
I didn't make the snowfall photo. On purpose anyway. After I was done uploading the photo's into picasaweb and was viewing this album I noticed a copy of the first photo. I assume I hit a button during upload I didn't intend too or picasaweb did something automatically.

I'm guessing there is some effect's editing which can be done in picasa, but I'm not familiar with doing much other than captions and sizing.

Take care B-dub

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
I am wondering if the stock 2007 TW has enough wattage to power some heated gear--glove liner uses about 27W and jacket liner uses about 90W. The usage is very intermittent and can be dialed down quite a bit....
Sure, on my 2010 I run my vest up to position two with no apparent draw out of the battery for several hours. If using both gloves and vest, I would think it prudent to alternate them if both are above first position. It's easy to tell, just get up to the top of a hill before turning it off!!:D:p

You could put the headlight on a switch if you really needed that 35 watts back.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like it! So, were the neighbors wondering who the crazy person is out riding a motorcycle in the snow was? Or do they know you that well already:D
They know I am a 'crazy, passionate' rider but riding in the snow? They smiled and waved! I woke up early and shoveled the driveway before going out for a ride. So a lot of guys were still shoveling while I was riding in the neighborhood. I bet some of them, not motorcycle riders, were jealous. All good. They have fun with their golfing outings which I don't understand.

ROCKY: Thanks for the info on the heated gear.

Simba

·
Registered
24 Posts
I caught myself unconsciously trying to help you steer with my computer mouse, in those deeper snow video parts where it seemed hard to negotiate your bike.

Just trying to help! ;-)

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I caught myself unconsciously trying to help you steer with my computer mouse, in those deeper snow video parts where it seemed hard to negotiate your bike.

Just trying to help! ;-)
I know what you mean. I catch myself leaning or ducking under fallen trees when I watch other motorcycle video's.:D

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I run about 12 psi, but I have chains on. Without chains I'd try to go as low as possible without spinning the tire on the rim. 5 psi might just work, but I've never gone that low that I know of.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I run about 12 psi, but I have chains on. Without chains I'd try to go as low as possible without spinning the tire on the rim. 5 psi might just work, but I've never gone that low that I know of.
I'll check what I'm at now as I've had no issues to press and I no there low now!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Strange. I had a photo in picasa with the same snow added. Must be a seasonal thing they are doing. Mine was not a snow scene like yours, just a picture of a map. Sure wish my dog could ride on the back like yours. That is so great. But she is just too big. And I hate to leave her so I wind up riding the quad when I'd rather be on a M/C.

Can you feel any of the movements made by your dog?

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh yes, I feel her shift back and forth back there, but I've gotten use to it. Though sometimes she's sitting so still I have to look in the mirrors or turn around to make sure she's still back there.:D

There are generally two types of riding where I'll leave her home. When I'm riding pavement due to high speeds and single track trails cause I need to concentrate more on balancing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts