TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
117c.JPG 118a.JPG 139.JPG 120.JPG we usually head down to Moab for holidays, but with our crappy dollar, we thought we would stay closer to home. so after a few weeks in Idaho and Montana we returned home and picked up the TW and headed out camping in BC. we went down to Coalmont to a forestry campground and set up camp on the river. I used to live in this area, but I never knew how beautiful it was until we checked it out on the TW. the wife and I rode the Tran Canada Trail for about as much as we were allowed to as some of it is restricted to non motorized. we did do some cheating though.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
so this afternoon, I dropped the wife back at the campsite and headed up into the high country. I had to jump into the ditch to avoid getting run over by a logging truck on one blind corner and I had to do a fast 180 on another as momma bear and 3 cubs were right there on the road. I was amazed at how clean and bright it was up top, even with all the logging going on 144.JPG 148.JPG 152.JPG 154.JPG

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
181.JPG so after we left Coalmont area, we stopped at home and dropped off the trailer and took the TW up to the wife's cabin in the caribou. it's fall and usually a great time to catch the leaves in full colour. so we did a lot of 2 up riding around on the forest service roads. at the end of a ride we would light a fire so we could caught up on cleaning up blow downs. the TW and I would share a beer while watching the wife work, it was great to have a buddy 180 cariboo.JPG 182.JPG

·
Registered
548 Posts
WoW... great pics grewen! We have been wanting to ride that area, but at $500 to get the truck/trailer return on that @#%& B.C.Ferry, we decided to stay on the island this year. Maybe when I have more than three days off at a time it would be more worth while. We only had one week off this year and that was the end of April....went by too fast. Glad you had a good trip and thanks for the report.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
the TW and I would share a beer while watching the wife work, it was great to have a buddy

Ahhh...living the good life! :D

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
I love the old railroad stuff.

This was my favorite picture

...and then I saw this and then this became my favorite picture. Love the tunnels. Any idea what the structure made of logs down in the water is/was?

...then this one and it became my favorite

Uh oh, new favorite picture! Heck, their all my favorite pictures. What a way to finish your vacation holiday!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts