TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally went to Hollister to try out my goggle cam and ended up going down a trail that if I knew what it was like wouldn't have gone but after having done it I think I will try it again. It wasn't so bad.

When I play back the video on my computer or make a DVD it is very clear. When I uploaded to Photobucket and played it back it wasn't so good. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

BTW, I really like single track riding on my TW. Relatively slow pace and easy riding. I go in the middle of the week to avoid the crowds.

Edit: Post 12 (scroll down) has better YouTube version.

Click on picture to play video.

·
Registered
566 Posts
It might just be Photobucket and not you. I just read a post where a member advised using YouTube for that very reason.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
My thought is, the Photobucket download is at very low resolution. Not sure how that is controlled exactly. Most to the time on You Tube, my videos play at 420 (?) and that seems ok. Visually 320 is pretty marginal and likely that is what Photobucket defaults to. Watching your video from a DVD or plugged into your tv is WOW, just like being in the movies. HD is crystal clear but takes longer to download and of course requires more memory. It gets easier the more you do, but I am still 'light-years' away from Mr. Bigwheels presentations.

Looked/sounded like you had a nice ride. I was kind of surprised that an area that dry would be open. Perhaps it was the camera lens that made it appear you were a lot closer to the grass than you were as the trails looked very narrow. Liked it when you made a few sounds yourself. Kind of completed the vision of 'man and machine enjoying the great outdoors'. Thanks..... Gerry

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I've been to Hollister a couple times, what trail is that?

I was at Carnegie yesterday w/"joe band".

·
Registered
468 Posts
Great video, I would not see much with that narrow single track! I would be staring at the track the whole time.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Cool video.Nice trail...not much room for error!

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Nice vid Tony. Glad the goggles worked out. I was waiting for your first video. Like others have said, try uploading to you tube and then post it here and we can see the difference.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Fun! I've been meaning to try Hollister but a bit far away for a day ride. Would need to camp over and heard they have hot showers.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
That looked like a fun single track trail and the video goggles seemed to do a pretty good job. I had ridden some minor and short distance single track before, but earlier this year Ron in Boise introduced me to some more strenuous single track trails that took a good bit of concentration. In the beginning my pucker factor was pretty high, but I started to get the hang of it and enjoyed most of what the trails have to offer. However, there are always those difficult part of the trails too!

Like some others have mentioned, my experience with the quality of video loaded in photobucket is not good. Though it has taken a bit to figure out, I started a youtube account and that seems to help with the quality a lot.

Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It might just be Photobucket and not you. I just read a post where a member advised using YouTube for that very reason.
I am going to try You Tube next.

My thought is, the Photobucket download is at very low resolution. Not sure how that is controlled exactly. Most to the time on You Tube, my videos play at 420 (?) and that seems ok. Visually 320 is pretty marginal and likely that is what Photobucket defaults to. Watching your video from a DVD or plugged into your tv is WOW, just like being in the movies. HD is crystal clear but takes longer to download and of course requires more memory. It gets easier the more you do, but I am still 'light-years' away from Mr. Bigwheels presentations.

Looked/sounded like you had a nice ride. I was kind of surprised that an area that dry would be open. Perhaps it was the camera lens that made it appear you were a lot closer to the grass than you were as the trails looked very narrow. Liked it when you made a few sounds yourself. Kind of completed the vision of 'man and machine enjoying the great outdoors'. Thanks..... Gerry

I am trying you tube next but it is not idiot proof. I am working my way through it. And yes, it is very dry. Some places the dust must be 5 or 6 inches deep and the motorcycle wanders from left to right -- a little unnerving!

I've been to Hollister a couple times, what trail is that?

I was at Carnegie yesterday w/"joe band".

The trail name is "Garcia Gulch". It is in the Renz Property section of the park. It is listed as a black diamond but it really isn't that hard. The one just before it is called "Lightsout" and that is easy. The only real danger is guys on tall 2 strokes blasting by at about 90 mph. I don't know how they do it.

Great video, I would not see much with that narrow single track! I would be staring at the track the whole time.

The trail is one way and the further you go the more locked in you get. You bet I was concentrating on staying in that rut.

Great vid. Thank you. Did you go back up it or??

Thanks. Once was enough for that day. Next time I go there I will try it again.

Cool video.Nice trail...not much room for error!

The margin of error was very small in spots.

goldenhtr' date='10 September 2012 - 09:49 AM' timestamp='1347295790' post='55320 said:
Nice vid Tony. Glad the goggles worked out. I was waiting for your first video. Like others have said, try uploading to you tube and then post it here and we can see the difference.

Thanks! I can't tell you how many hours I have spent watching my own videos! You tube is next.

importmech' date='10 September 2012 - 11:14 AM' timestamp='1347300874' post='55325 said:
Fun! I've been meaning to try Hollister but a bit far away for a day ride. Would need to camp over and heard they have hot showers.
I hear on the weekend it is a zoo. During the middle of the week I pretty much have the place to myself. And yes, there are camping spots.

admiral' date='10 September 2012 - 11:17 AM' timestamp='1347301057' post='55326 said:
That looked like a fun single track trail and the video goggles seemed to do a pretty good job. I had ridden some minor and short distance single track before, but earlier this year Ron in Boise introduced me to some more strenuous single track trails that took a good bit of concentration. In the beginning my pucker factor was pretty high, but I started to get the hang of it and enjoyed most of what the trails have to offer. However, there are always those difficult part of the trails too!

Like some others have mentioned, my experience with the quality of video loaded in photobucket is not good. Though it has taken a bit to figure out, I started a youtube account and that seems to help with the quality a lot.

Thanks for sharing

The trails are rated easy (green), medium (blue) and hard (black). When I started on the green trails it was a challenge. Then I graduated to blue and now I am very carefully choosing some black diamond trails to try and so far so good. There are trails with a black double diamond but I think you need something bigger than a TW200 to navigate them though maybe someday I might try one.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
See if this is better. It better be!

Oh yes, that looks good. I thought the first one was pretty good even though photobucket reduces the quality, but this is even better. Good job!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Cool video! Some pretty steep dropoffs in places! Looks like the goggle cam worked out great! Thanks for posting this up for us!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts