TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pretty much wonder how the guys that removed the rear plastics mounted up there turn signals. I know I could search for some P-clamos that would work. Did the stock mounting brackets left over do the trick. Doesnt qwite look like they would do the trick since the only good one has very little space inbetween it and the frame. Any ideas fellas. Im on my way to my look and got a little hung up

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
You can usually find a hardware store grommet that will center the smaller mounting shafts into the existing subframe holes. Or you can cut fuel or heater hose into a spacer to center them. Cut about a 1/8" washer off the end of a piece of hose to fill the space and sandwich it inside the larger holes with a flat washer on the inside.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can usually find a hardware store grommet that will center the smaller mounting shafts into the existing subframe holes. Or you can cut fuel or heater hose into a spacer to center them. Cut about a 1/8" washer off the end of a piece of hose to fill the space and sandwich it inside the larger holes with a flat washer on the inside.

I was thinking somthing along those lines first. I may end up with the tail light with the turn signal intregated. Not sure... I think its time to spend a few lunches in the fab shop at work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts