TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently found a good deal on a trailer for my motorcycles. To finish it up I built a ramp which is also a tailgate, added a very simple spare tire mount, used eyebolts to hold the tire in the correct position in front, and D-rings for the tire in the back. The trailer is 4x8 and I can carry one or two motorcycles.

Some pictures follow.

Dan

·
Registered
250 Posts
Looks good! I've had a set of wooden 2x12 ramps for the past 7 or 8 years and love them. I bought the aluminum ramp kit and the wood at lowes and have never had a problem with them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good! I've had a set of wooden 2x12 ramps for the past 7 or 8 years and love them. I bought the aluminum ramp kit and the wood at lowes and have never had a problem with them.

Thanks,

It did not cost much. I had the board 2x12 board, had to buy one piece of angle iron and the 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 carriage bolts for the ramp, a 5/8 carriage bolt for the tire carrier, 8 1/4" bolts, assorted washers and lock washers, the two pins, a couple of pieces of steel I had laying around, a new hacksaw blade, 6 1/2" eyebolts, the 4 D rings, and a bit of work with the cutting and drilling.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts