TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys: This bike should be available probably early in the year. It is a 6 speed, single 286cc, liquid cooled, upright rider position, wet weight 348, with supposedly excellent counter-balancing to offset any vibration, and highway speed capability. While it puts out a modest 26.2 hp and 17.4 ft/lbs torque it seems to be adequately powerful, given initial reviews. For the TDubber looking for a light and similar riding position(seat @30.7 ") this might just be the item to check out and the 2015, it's first year the list looks to be coming in at just about $4K.

·
Registered
19,583 Posts
Interesting. Honda's build quality has always been very impressive. A naked bike I assume?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fred: Yeah looks naked and nice. I might even bite!

·
Registered
19,583 Posts
"Naked and nice" - a person could think we are a bunch of dirty old men talking about a girl. Gotta get my mind out of the gutter since gutter is flowing deep with rain run-off today.:)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Naked and nice" - a person could think we are a bunch of dirty old men talking about a girl. Gotta get my mind out of the gutter since gutter is flowing deep with rain run-off today.:)
Well even though we aren't at the moment talking about "WOMEN" I can't claim that we aren't maybe dirty old men. Are we a bunch, a group, could we get Hoot and Qwerty and Dryden-Tdub and GaryL and some of the others to be so designated? If I left Borneo out he would post me out of existence. If we ever head for the gutter we will wipe out for sure. Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Shag: Like the video. As DonBenito mentions, there are other rides in that cc bracket evolving. I for one am waiting to see what the 390 KTM Duke feels like as it will weigh in at just over 300lb. and about the same power as the Yamaha DonBenito was referrring to. However, I am looking for a mellow ride at this time in my life, with just a little more testosterone than zero, don't need to wheelie at 100 or even get to 100 anymore. Wouldn't be here if I tried. For a old fart like me, I may end up opting for a gentle road upgrade from my TW ramblings. I kind of like the 1 hp/ 10lb ratio but can roll with a bit more or less. Since I have a TW, I can obviously deal witha lot less, but the low weight and now the new TW 203/204 tires on the bike handles in ways i don't know I could make another bike work.l

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Well even though we aren't at the moment talking about "WOMEN" I can't claim that we aren't maybe dirty old men. Are we a bunch, a group, could we get Hoot and Qwerty and Dryden-Tdub and GaryL and some of the others to be so designated? If I left Borneo out he would post me out of existence. If we ever head for the gutter we will wipe out for sure. Happy Holidays.
I vote for a "gaggle". We are the very definition in fact! As far as the gutter we would class that place up nicely;)

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts