1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The CB500X is one of the most impressive bikes I have ever ridden. It feels as light as the TW, has a very smooth engine thats feels good at any rpm, comfortable with great ergonomics and I think even a 17 liter tank. Yep put that adventure kit on and do it all on one bike.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to the first complete Rally Raid Products CB-X Adventure Honda will be previewed at the Overland Expo West, May 15-17 near Flagstaff, Arizona. So I will take pictures.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I am going to the first complete Rally Raid Products CB-X Adventure Honda will be previewed at the Overland Expo West, May 15-17 near Flagstaff, Arizona. So I will take pictures.
This will be my road bike in a few months. I have read every review written about this bike and am a member of the rather boorish CB500X forum. I have made up my mind about this and believe it is the right bike for my needs.

Tom

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
View attachment 15958
till I get a CB500X Adventure my 1984 VT500FT Adventure will have to do.
Bring that thing out of the shadows!!!! This picture reminds me of trying to watch LATE night HBO movies when we didn't actually get HBO. Damn tease!:)

Tom

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
If you see any cool Land Rover Defenders take some pictures of those too for me.
I'd like to see the new Mercedes G500 4x4 square - definitely my new favorite car!

By the way, to stay on topic... I really like the kit they've built for the CB. Looks like it really turns it into a fairly competent off roader. Not competent in the sense of extreme enduro bikes, but for an actual adventure bike I think its off road capability will be very competitive!

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Wish the 500x didn't have shimmed valves , it'd be alot nicer.
Research show's the valve adjustments are few and very far between:D Not changing my opinion based on valve adjustments. I know what you mean though.

Tom

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Your right Dryden , I'm hard-headed ( TW rider ) at times about shimmed valves . This day and age.....and silly R&D of companies.....I just need to get over it . It just erks me to think of spending extra $$$ for something that doesn't "need" to be . Oh well. That new concept Honda Bulldog will be the same....DoH.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts