TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son call me today he just purchased a new 2014 CRF 250 L. Now it's time for some accessories. I know he is
Looking for a rear rack to start. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I showed my son Mike the rack and he likes it. Thanks Don

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mikes 35 and I'm sure he will be into riding Pine Barrons

image.jpg

Yes it's a Street Legal Dual Sport

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds like a fun time. I will wait for him. We are going on a 100 mile ride in Greenridge state forest MD first weekend in May. Cant wait.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey Mike,
That is a great bike and will run forever. I had a 1998 XR200 and the neighbor still has it and rides it. Bullet proof bikes. My Uncle has the same bike you just bought but i think it's a 2012. He loves it.

Just spoke with your dad last night. I'd like to head up for the first weekend in May but I have been extremely busy and might not be able to make it. I will if I can but I haven't had time to roll one of my bikes out of the garage yet.

I have the Cycle Racks rack on my TW and really like it. They are good to deal with there and the racks are well worth the money IMO. My KLR has the bigger rear rack which is fine for me and I made a rack for my saddle boxes.

Your new bike is merely a down payment on accessories. Just bought the wife a new couch yesterday so I'll be doing some accessory shopping myself soon. Your VW is cool too. I wish I had held onto the ones I had back in the late 80's and early 90's. I had a 73 Superbeetle convertible and then a 74 Thing. Really wish I had the Thing still. Both were a nice ugly and tacky orange with black tops. Both in great shape but not nearly as nice as the pics your dad sent.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great to have you back on the forum Jesse. I hope you can make the ride. That project for the Kentucky Derby can wait just a bunch of rich people sitting on there High Horse losing money. Lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
We still have room for two more at our campsite 87 bags. Should be a pretty good trip if you get time to make it.
Sorry to hear you got rid of your V-Dubs. I would like to build a Thing one day. With air ride of course. I had a 71 bus that I kick myself in the butt for getting rid of.
I hear ya on the down payment thing for accessories. Gonna wait a bit I think before getting them. Just making a list for now. My wife is going to love my new hobby.(insert sarcasm here)

·
Registered
75 Posts
The crfL is a great ride. 2 in my group. The Cyclerack is the way to go. They offer saddlebag supports that hook onto the side of the rack also. We did a 2200 mile ride last summer and one of the CRFL's was along. Never missed a beat. Only drawback is the somewhat small tank/range. I want one! On my list of must have's.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I rode Mikes CRF this weekend. WOW what a sweet bike of course it brand new but WOW. EFI,250cc,6 Speed. The technology and suspension makes for an amazing motorcycle. The only thing I didn't like is the seat it's like sitting on a rock and I'm on my toes. The stock front tire handles gravel better then the Shinko that I have on my TW. I still love my old school TW
rick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts