TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This may be of significant interest to some. It isn't that interesting to me, for a couple of reasons: a) it will still have that OEM honda chain tensioner that I hate so much, and b) anything Honda is adding to the CRFL, I could add - from the after market (at least in theory/probably, or something close...).

Now, if it were a 300 or a 350, or 450, and had an updated tensioner...? That would be nice.

Honda CRF250 Rally Now Just One Step Away From Production - ADV Pulse

I know there was someone on here who was really looking at this as a serious possibility, when it was a Concept. I never thought in a million years that it would actually go to production. I still don't really think it will actually make it there, to be honest. But who knows - maybe.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I don't like many Honda models considering how many Honda model bikes that have been produced. But this catches my eye. Your right about power.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Looks nice but unless they add some serious go power...
It will just be all show and no go.
When I rented a CRF250L in Hawaii I put 200 miles on it.
Nice, but wasn't noticeably stronger or quicker than my TW.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
A 250 can have some power but if this is another gutless smog bike then no for me.
Well you're right, 250's certainly CAN make power; the latest Husqvarna 250 four stroke motocrosser is putting out 46 horsepower, stock! That being said, I don't think it's possible for a 250 to both make enough power for all conditions (big sand dunes...) and still be suitable for regular street or dual sport use (not blowing it up in sixth months...).

EDIT: Okay, I've just taken another look at the dyno charts. I gotta say, damn that thing is impressive for a 250 four stroke lol!!! It has a noticeable horsepower spike at the very top of the rev range, and makes peak power right at 14k RPM! Torque does drop a little, but it still makes 80 percent of peak all the way to redline.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts