TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/michaelxc/20150803_113748_RichtoneHDR_zpseu3tjt5t.jpg

CRF500L full build thread | Adventure Rider

This is a sweet bike. This is kind of what you have to do. If the bike you want isn't offered, you must build it yourself!!!

What I want is a reliable, low stress, low maintenance, fuel injected, six speed, 350 cc Japanese motor paired with a solid Euro dual sport chassis with serious suspension. Basically, an EFI'd DR350 engine with the counterbalancer issue checked/fixed, stuffed into a Husqvarna 350S frame.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
You have a lot,,,,,,,LOT,,,,of work ahead of you. But the prize would be very nice. And I think 350 to 450cc's would be plenty.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea, I know my dream bike would be a hell of a project at this time! And it still wouldn't REALLY be my dream bike, because all the custom stuff would likely reduce reliability, and potentially be more difficult to fix if there are problems (I want a factory-standard bike like that lol!). Plus, the work required to build it in the first place would be a lot more than just doing a couple top ends on a Euro motor lol. Some day I'll have a crack at a project like that though, if the Japanese don't build something "close enough" before that day comes ;)

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Man, to have those skills! Not to mention, that kind of free time!
Yea some of these people are amazing engineer-mechanics! If I had virtually limitless time and money, a whole lot of both would be poured into projects like this!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts