TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These two are in my basement and haven’t been rode in 5+ years due to health issues, maybe this summer I’ll get them cleaned up running again.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I have been looking for almost a year now....rare as hen's teeth and those that do show up on CL or otherwise are horribly overpriced.
People have an unreal idea as to the value of their stuff. I could see paying up to $4000 Cdn for a mint-condition '84 CT110...but not for a barely-whole 72 CT90 without original mirrors...lots of rust and no Registration.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been looking for almost a year now....rare as hen's teeth and those that do show up on CL or otherwise are horribly overpriced.
People have an unreal idea as to the value of their stuff. I could see paying up to $4000 Cdn for a mint-condition '84 CT110...but not for a barely-whole 72 CT90 without original mirrors...lots of rust and no Registration.
You are correct but it also has a lot to due with the location in which you live, where I live a a good clean 78 CT90 with title will go for upwards of 2800 usd and out east west or south same bike will go for 1000 to 1800, it’s kinda funny how that works.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I've spent many a winter restoring CT90's. Here are three. The Yellow one I sold to a doctor who stores it in a hanger in Las Vegas for a bit over $5000. It had been given to me after sitting behind a barn as 'yard art'. The two orange ones are twins; VIN numbers were 1 digit off and so were license plates. I sold those to a news media mogul who will go unnamed. He has them at his ranch in Montana I hear.

Here's a 'before' close up of the rear brake lever and arm;

Here's the 'after'

Every nut, bolt and plastic part are factory originals restored. Took a lot of time to figure out how to remove rust!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Still have my 1978 CT90 with 239 original miles on it. Tore it completely apart, (including the motor), a year ago and replaced all of the seals, gaskets, bearings, etc. just to freshen it up and keep it road worthy. Installed some aftermarket parts, such as shocks and other things. Have all of the original parts in boxes so they would be protected.
x1.jpg
CT90 239 original miles.jpg

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I don't have any but I have a friend that has 3 of them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sold mine when I bought the Tdub. Several years ago got $800 complete, unmolested, but rusty chrome '76. Prolly worth twice that now, but oh well. The Tdub is so much more capable. The automatic clutch, step through frame and heel/toe shifter were nice though.

Now if only I'd bought a truck load of Russian SKS's when they were $100.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Here's a '75 K6 that I refurbished last year, after it had been sitting in a garage since 1986. I grew up riding a trail 90, so this was a fun bit of nostalgia!

Also, I recently acquired this pile of K0 parts, which will become three ridable trail 90s over the next couple of years. My twin grandsons just turned 7, and I'd like to have these ready for them to ride by the time they turn 10.

CTs and TWs seem to go hand-in-hand, and I'll bet we'll see quite a few more of them represented in this thread! 😎

·
Registered
400 Posts
No pics but I still own on temp loan my 1983 CT-110. My nephew in law works for the City Of Leavenworth, WA and he rides it almost daily on his rounds. He also get offered thousands of dollars at least once a month for it, but knows he cant sell it and does not want to.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I parked mine when I got the TW, which goes over rough ground much better. 90 hasn't been run in a couple of years, just sitting in the corner gathering dust.

Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I parked mine when I got the TW, which goes over rough ground much better. 90 hasn't been run in a couple of years, just sitting in the corner gathering dust.

Mike
Fresh gas and a good battery it would probably start right up assuming the carb isn’t all gummed up.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts