TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’ve got what I think is a 67 model that I got for free with a title. It is complete with the exception of the large sprocket, length of chain, and a tail light lens. My intent is to freshen it up a bit and see how my son and I like it. For the price of admission I figure I can’t go wrong. Values for these tend to be somewhat regional and dependent on those who are familiar with them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow. I had one long ago. This is so motivating. Are they easy to restore? Are parts easy to come by?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Wow. I had one long ago. This is so motivating. Are they easy to restore? Are parts easy to come by?
Parts are pretty easy to find there are a few that are tricky to find but they are out there if you look hard enough or just ask on here. Auxiliary fuel tank and attachment parts are gold right now.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
This was my entry-level dual-sporter....I rode it anywhere and everywhere...all day long, and never emptied the tank; they get ridiculous gas-mileage.
If you are fortunate enough to have one with a HI-LO transmission (the 1980 CT110's don't) then you can climb any trail, no matter how steep. In LO range, these things will climb walls.

Just talking about it makes me miss it so........I never should have sold it.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I've got one after about 40 y ears of wanting one. I have one question for you all. Mine srts easily and runs fine if and only if you push start it. It simply wont start with a kick no matter how long you persevere. Whats going on?

Sent from my LML414DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
911 Posts
I've spent many a winter restoring CT90's. Here are three. The Yellow one I sold to a doctor who stores it in a hanger in Las Vegas for a bit over $5000. It had been given to me after sitting behind a barn as 'yard art'. The two orange ones are twins; VIN numbers were 1 digit off and so were license plates. I sold those to a news media mogul who will go unnamed. He has them at his ranch in Montana I hear.

Here's a 'before' close up of the rear brake lever and arm;
View attachment 211325

Here's the 'after'
View attachment 211326

Every nut, bolt and plastic part are factory originals restored. Took a lot of time to figure out how to remove rust!
View attachment 211327

View attachment 211329

View attachment 211328
Those are proper beautiful and I know which ranch in montana they are stored at. Hahahaha

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I've got one after about 40 y ears of wanting one. I have one question for you all. Mine srts easily and runs fine if and only if you push start it. It simply wont start with a kick no matter how long you persevere. Whats going on?

How do push start a CT90/110 with the semi-automatic tranny and no clutch lever?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

Starting point. Make sure your battery is 100% charged, very important with these bikes.
Next,
If battery is fully charged and it kicks over real easy it could be the valves need adjustment. starting issues are normally from having a week battery or bad ground as long as you have fuel.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Starting point. Make sure your battery is 100% charged, very important with these bikes.
Next,
If battery is fully charged and it kicks over real easy it could be the valves need adjustment. starting issues are normally from having a week battery or bad ground as long as you have fuel.
Yeah this is 52 years old and 10k miles. Id seen other discussion about the valves and that actually seems likely. The battery is old but has fresh acid and was fully charged every time I tested it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
What kind of trails can these little guys ride on? Can they do single track? What’s the top speed?
Pretty much a Billy goat, go anywhere one reason they have a high air intake and exhaust, folks have ridden the TAT on them and a few have ridden them around the world.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Just make sure the battery doesn’t drop a lot of voltage when under load, battery can show full high 12 low 13 charge but soon as you kick it or under lighting load it can drop below 12 and that’s no good.
I kind of played that game with my 78 and it was the battery. You never know with these bikes but it’s usually something easy.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Just make sure the battery doesn’t drop a lot of voltage when under load, battery can show full high 12 low 13 charge but soon as you kick it or under lighting load it can drop below 12 and that’s no good.
I kind of played that game with my 78 and it was the battery. You never know with these bikes but it’s usually something easy.
Ok. Good to know. The batteries are like 16 dollars so I'll just replace it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've got a 68 CT90 that's probably going to get sold because of lack of use...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

Probably your battery....as I recall, the battery serves as a sort of voltage regulator, and is an important part of the ignition circuit.
My 1974 model was a 6 volt....not 12.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts