TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to highlight a story from the 'Farkle Garage' series. For small-bike adventure riding in a big way, check out the episode 7 segment on Honda CT110 'Postie' bikes and one Australian couple's choice of ride for traveling around the world.

It starts at the 4:40 mark.
You can follow their adventure on their website at http://overyondaonahonda.com/.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
whenever i think a TW is slow, i remember my ct90... when i think that is slow i remember i do ride bicycles. ;)

a great adventure!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I grew up on a farm riding and working on these things...I hate them! Lets face it...they aren't even a real motorcycle! A scooter is more appropriate.
-- dislike --
I cant even comprehend doing big distances like the people in the OP. Good on them for having a go but most people I know who have done big miles on them sell them as soon as they get back, take months to recover from it and curse the sight of the things from then on! Admittedly they are usually Boomers in appalling shape so that might have something to do with it!
agreed, not the most appropriate for real miles, but again when compared to a bicycle... they seem pretty high powered. like so many others tools, the right tool for the right job.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Lomax, I like your stable of toys, a CT90 and a XT225, to of my favorites.
Thank you, There is an 08 TW200 hiding in there too but Mudbug would fight ya over that one. I've only had the XT for a few months but so far I'm pretty happy with it. Had the CT for somewhere around 20 years now

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
122mph.jpg
i don't think my ct90 could hit 122mph even in free fall!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They stopped by my house about 6weeks ago on there journey. Very nice couple. They live and work on Christmas Island. Showed up here in leathers at 100+ degrees, no thanks. They like the heat.
Hi Tuna. I was reading through their blog and found some stories from their Joshua Tree visit, including pics of a TW and its owner. I assume that's you? Very cool. Nice to have a chapter in their adventure.

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hi Tuna. I was reading through their blog and found some stories from their Joshua Tree visit, including pics of a TW and its owner. I assume that's you? Very cool. Nice to have a chapter in their adventure.
Yupper, that was yours truly. There ride just keeps getting better, there now in Guatamala.(sp?) They post just about every day with lots of pictures. I'll go get the link and post it for anyone who wants to follow there journey

There up to 73 pages, this is page 1

http://hondatrailcts.yuku.com/topic/9906/Over-Yonda-travels-on-Postie-Hondas?page=1#.WGAelzqQwps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts