1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Looks nice. Think I might prefer the original though...almost seems like they're trying too hard with this one. After looking at the new front end, I definitely do like the headlight-area look of the old one better.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha I was thinking I liked the other one more... :D

Reactions: akalogan

·
Registered
762 Posts
I like that Grom. Sat on one on the showroom floor...I just about fit, although not as comfortably as with the TW.

FI and the resultant high fuel mileage is a plus. The tiny tires and less capability are big drawbacks.

The deal-buster is that I don't have room in my garage. Cripes, if I could afford another machine, there's a nice mid-00s TW for sale just down the road. For less than I sold mine; and it's got a luggage rack, too.

...man, I'm tempted. If he doesn't move it in a few weeks, I may try to cut a deal with him. I can justify it...selling and then buying, left me about $700 ahead, depending on his final price....

Sorry to ramble off topic....

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Reactions: akalogan

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
On a related note, if these three thousand dollar mini bikes can have flawless electronic fuel injection, there is ABSOLUTELY NO DAMN EXCUSE for the big four not to have it on EVERY model by now! I'm starting to get a little pissed with them for not doing this. NO EXCUSE!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
On a related note, if these three thousand dollar mini bikes can have flawless electronic fuel injection, there is ABSOLUTELY NO DAMN EXCUSE for the big four not to have it on EVERY model by now! I'm starting to get a little pissed with them for not doing this. NO EXCUSE!!!
Word Dog! I was going back an forth trying to figure out which I wanted Grom or TW... Guess which way I went.

But this video almost swayed me

·
Registered
102 Posts
The new bike looks retarded especially the dumb catalytic converter, and headlights.honda should of left it alone same with yamahas R1 ,totally retarded n fugly,way overpriced as well ruined and awesome design why?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Even as a new TW owner, I am convinced the TW is the best choice for a versatile ride. No GROM in my future. PS I love Hondas, have owned a 250 XL and an ASCOT 500 FT both were great.

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
If I could find a cheap low mileage Grom in excellent condition, an older one with the high exhaust pipe / muffler, I think I would get it. It looks like fun. And I bet there is a big bore kit for it, or there soon will be.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Looks like a good commuter for highschool kids. I remember when the honda 50 came out, it was every kids dream to have one, it made Honda what it is today. The Grom reminds me of backwhen.

Thing is, the TW has all the bases covered except speed. I can't see a Grom going where the TW plows through with little effort. Sure wouldn't consider it for anything but pavement or concrete hauling a lunch bucket and some books.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts