TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always figured the TW was "slow enough" that I didn't need a bike even slower... especially one that wasn't meant for off-road use. But then yesterday I found a couple of videos that got me thinking.

and

Then I found this video too:

The video is pretty boring, but it makes the point of what's possible with this little bike. Not that I'd go quite that far. But I also found this:

.::: YUMINASHI GLOBAL OFFICIAL WEBSITE - .::: MSX125 / Honda GROM CYLINDER KITS

So it sounds like there's an amazing aftermarket for it and it could end up being quite the fun little 225 lb bike. So now I find myself actually considering one (once I have the cash). Hell they're only $3199 brand new.

Hmmm.

ps: Another article on it.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/reviews/grom-fever?src=DOC&dom=yt

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Great videos Rob! Look like nice machines to learn and hone riding skills...low weight and center of grabity, modest power and cost. Now I want one!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I've been drooling over these since the day they came out, and have been theory crafting a dual sport Grom. On that note, have you seen the other post on the Grom Scrambler here in Other Bikes?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
LOL those videos are great. The On Two Wheels guys produce some cool/funny stuff! I'm not sure Honda could make a better commercial for the Grom than a shortened version of "Gromkhana II"!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The three vehicles I was thinking about when I decided on the TW, was the TW, Grom, and a Ruckus. Glad I went with the TW, but the Grom does still look really fun. Especially if that scrambler gear gets applied to it (the 125cc; not the 50cc concepts).

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was doing some guesstimative math and a Grom with the 183cc big bore plus a turbo would make it as fast as my DR650. For a bike that tiny, it'd be impressive. And dangerous. :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
It's the size. I'm a big bloke...six-two and 248. I'd look like an elephant riding a peanut.

I even look that way on the TW...but I'll deal with it. On this monkey-bike...I'd need a kid to justify being on it. I don't have one; and so I won't get one.

PUT the same high-yield small fuel-injected engine in a machine with human-sized dimensions...and I'll be there.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Little bikes are just plain fun!
I sat on a Grom and it is neat.
I really like the Scrambler or Dual Sport idea and hope Honda does it so that I can buy a used one some day.
It would be just the thing on the back of the camper!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts