TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife wanted to Tag along with me on the forest roads and two tracks and a TW was a little big for her to start out with.
She liked the Suzuki VanVan but felt that was a little big also.
Well, we waited for the release of the Monkey in the US and we were lucky enough to find one just in at a local dealer.
She fell in love with it right away. Seat height is still 30.5 inches but the short wheelbase and lite weight made her more comfy. I think the retro look got to her also!
I rode it a little tonight and man is it a smooth running machine. Comfy and very quiet. Very fun little bike! Time will tell how it works out for her! She didn’t test it tonight as it’s cold and blowing a gale here in mid Michigan. I wanted her to be the first but she said take it so how could I disagree!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
That’s looks like a fun, cute bike for your wife.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s looks like a fun, cute bike for your wife.
Yes, should be good for her. Our days to ride together are unfortanatly becoming limited here. She is a fair weather person.
Looking thru the owners manual they dont recommend cleaning the oil screen and filter until 8,000 miles. Just an oil change at 600 then 4,000 and 8,000.
They don’t even show how to access screen and filter. Says to see dealer. Have to research and figure out for myself I guess as will want to maybe clean them before then!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Does yours have ABS? I saw that you can only get it on the red paint schemes this year.
No. This is the non ABS version. You are correct that the Abs model is only offered in red. Non Abs - red or yellow.
I know that my wife would have liked the blue model that I’ve seen pics of. Think it may be European market only.
The tail light and turn signals are bigger on the US version also.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Cute little retro bike. I remember them way-back. Weird such a tiny machine doesn't have a kick-starter.
Make sure you guys wear something flashy and eye catching when riding. Just like the Groms and other spiffy little bikes out there the "Sorry, I didn't see them" folks will have a good excuse if you are riding one of these on the street.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes Stagewax, good advice. We ride the quiet backroads mostly. Do a lot of camping in summer months so ride forest roads and two tracks for the most part.
I’m hoping she can find a safety yellow jacket. I wear a bright orange helmet to help with visibility.
Problem with Michigan is bikes are off the streets for 5-6 months over the winter and people get slack watching for them!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wife wanted to Tag along with me on the forest roads and two tracks and a TW was a little big for her to start out with.
She liked the Suzuki VanVan but felt that was a little big also.
Well, we waited for the release of the Monkey in the US and we were lucky enough to find one just in at a local dealer.
She fell in love with it right away. Seat height is still 30.5 inches but the short wheelbase and lite weight made her more comfy. I think the retro look got to her also!
I rode it a little tonight and man is it a smooth running machine. Comfy and very quiet. Very fun little bike! Time will tell how it works out for her! She didn’t test it tonight as it’s cold and blowing a gale here in mid Michigan. I wanted her to be the first but she said take it so how could I disagree!
Nice bike, I’m guessing she will love it!

#GYG
'13 TW200 Memphis TN

A.T.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
View attachment 185506
Nice bike, I’m guessing she will love it!

Thanks
Yes, I’m thinking she will!
I was stationed at the Naval Air station north of Memphis in the very early 80’s for a year.
I remember renting three wheelers with a bunch of guys and riding along the Mississippi somewhere! Couldn’t tell you exactly where but man was it fun!
Memphis was a fun town for a young Marine also!

#GYG
'13 TW200 Memphis TN

A.T.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Cool little scoot thats the first one I've ever seen out in the wild

Too bad a lot of manufacturers don't come out with old vehicles like

Honda QA-50 so we can get our kids riding again we have lost generations of young riders

70 - 71 Plymouth Barracuda - Cuda

Challenger convertible

Toyota Tacoma small body PU 1998 to 2004

probably a bunch of others they already have the design specs for and people already love them so they would literally sell themselves

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BB23060C-17A1-4B47-A987-424ED2A76FE9.jpeg Yes Placer, agree!
Growing up one of the neighbor friends had a QA-50. That thing was indestructible! I can still here it if I listen close! Lol!

Hey, on a side note I sluiced a little gold from the Lake Superior shoreline this summer! Still working off my concentrates. Maybe a 8th ounce when done! Lol!
(I’m assuming you do a little prospecting given your user name?)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yes, should be good for her. Our days to ride together are unfortanatly becoming limited here. She is a fair weather person.
Looking thru the owners manual they dont recommend cleaning the oil screen and filter until 8,000 miles. Just an oil change at 600 then 4,000 and 8,000.
They don’t even show how to access screen and filter. Says to see dealer. Have to research and figure out for myself I guess as will want to maybe clean them before then!
The filter and screen are behind the side case. I think the right side but not sure. Wesley has a Grom with same motor.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts