TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's not much info out there on these. Interesting looking work bike though. It seems like it would be good for dragging livestock out of ditches or carrying heavy loads.

·
Registered
793 Posts
There's not much info out there on these. Interesting looking work bike though. It seems like it would be good for dragging livestock out of ditches or carrying heavy loads.

They are super rare even in Japan now. Made from 1982-1987. The name came from its ability to be a work horse. Motorcycle=Mot Truck= Tra ( I know its TRU but Japanese people pernounce it TO-RA-KU=truck) Montra. I just looked on a site selling them. I saw only 8. With today's rate at 79 yen to the dollar. Ready its ridiculous. the cheapest to the most expensive. $2253.16-$3772.15. Holy cow. That is just one site. I would sell it on ebay to a Japanese person. They want it for sure. I have only seen 3 ever in Japan.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
If you squint and cross your eyes just right the now-defunct, unobtanium Big Ruckus shares some of the same flavor.

'Bout it. I'd like to get one of the cheap Chinese BR knockoffs and give it a Motra-esque treatment.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
looks like a beefed up powered down honda ct70 (trail 70)...which i would love to buy if i could find one in good shape and titled under $1000...

edit: ooooh but 2 hours away

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/3423837588.html

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, was gonna add, it looked like a cross between a Rokon and my Big Ruckus. The Yen is that low? Back in '73 I was in Okinawa. the Yen was 309 to the dollar. Great deals on bikes,cameras,stereos etc. We rode on some other kind of big tired bike. a Suzuki VanVan??? Rode mostly on a Honda Passport. Went everywhere on that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts