TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dont follow bikes that much but just came aross an article on this bike. For 4400.00 it looks like a steal.
My question is...it looks like it has fat tires...and I have missed my TW200 since I sold it years ago...I have been waiting for Yamaha to bring it into the real world with FI and a rear disc...

I was wondering since all I will use the bike for is running through the campground I dont need huge tires. Do you think I could put some kind of dirt tire on this bike? If so with the bigger motor and my big butt weighing 250 this might be perfect!

Let me know what you think....Thanks! Garth

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
It sounds like you just need another TW. :D

·
Registered
928 Posts
The rebel is more of a street bike, not suitable for off-road. If you want a larger engine, but lighter bike, try the V-Strom 300.

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
I think Honda ruined the Rebel. The new one is ugly as shit. It was never a super good looking machine but now it's pretty awful.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Saw a Van Van and the 300 rebel in the honda dealership yesterday. That 300 would be a disaster off road, especially in any sand at all. The suzuki is a nice looking bike, is a bit sleeker than a TW, tires more street than off road, and the seat is for riding your favorite person around a college campus. The one thing that strikes me is the rear brake rod. Why the designers put the rod below the swingarm to the cam lever so any rock or stump can get a crack at it is beyond me. I will stay with the TW.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I bought one of the cm300 off the show room floor back in may and I can attest its a great machine. We bought if for my 5' tall 26" inseamed wife. It was a blast. I rode it a little and was very happy with it especially considering what we paid for it brand new. now just so you know ITS NOT AN OFF ROAD BIKE!!! the goemetry suspension and everything else are just wrong for that. On another note I'm going to sell it. So if anyone is looking for a sub 1000 mile rebel 300 let me know.

Untitled by dolphaxel, on Flickr
Untitled by dolphaxel, on Flickr

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Why are you selling?

Curious because I am selling my CBR300 in the spring for no other reason than it aggravates the tendinitis in my right elbow too much. I am really sad about this because I love the sporty feel of this bike.

Tom

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I went to the Progressive sponsored IMS Motorcycle Show at the Javits Convention Center last in NYC.
Plenty of "what is that" and when the answer was "that's a Honda Rebel" I was stunned. What the heck happened to that little bike. Not even close to the mini cruiser that almost every MSF/MSS Riding School used as their basic model. I guess they just took the nameplate and applied it to something completely different? It's absolutely not anything you'd want to put off-road wheels on and think will make you smile. But the Rebel was bulletproof. Buy a used one cheap, throw on some knobbies and try to kill it.

I did see a couple 2018 VanVans though and this was the first time for me seeing them in the flesh. Very impressed with fit & finish. The stock seat is more comfortable than my Seat Concepts bench. Same brake set-up with disc in the front and drum in the rear. EFI instead of carb. Same exact MSRP price of $4500.00 but can be had at a dealer for + or - $4000.00.
Comes with kinda street-type tires. I really liked it a lot. Seemed almost too nice to drop on a trail.

BMW also just came out with a 300cc Urban bike for almost the same price as the VanVan & TW ($4700-$4500) that looked to be an incredible value. Interesting that they would enter this low-end section of the market.

VanVan
IMG_2947.JPG

I have yet to see one of these riding or parked on the street. They say the Suzuki dealers can't keep them on the showroom floor they are so popular.
Pretty much the same as the TW but I have yet to see another Tw by me either. Where the heck do they all go?
IMG_2948.JPG

Looks good in Red too. Real good.
IMG_2949.JPG

Every company has some plagiarized version of a bike from the past. Kawasaki's 2018 version of their famous 1970's Z1. I had a real 1974 Z1 model in this same color scheme. Wish I still had it now. Very nostalgic. Honda has a 2018 "CB1100" that looks like their old CB series of bikes from the 70's.
IMG_2920.JPG

I'm prone to sidecars though this was over-the-top. Incredible craftsmanship on the handmade finish and riveting. looks like it could "fly".
IMG_2912.JPG

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
This sidecar is very creative and cool looking. WWII B-17 Bomber cockpit/nose. I like it. Would get a lot of attention from passerby's for sure. Maybe even cause accidents of other drivers who would be rubber necking to see it. Did I say I like it! :p

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Admiral perfect for your dogs to ride in.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Why are you selling?

Curious because I am selling my CBR300 in the spring for no other reason than it aggravates the tendinitis in my right elbow too much. I am really sad about this because I love the sporty feel of this bike.

Tom
I won't speak for him, but since he hasn't been on here much lately, I'd venture to say it has something to do with the ultrasound picture he posted recently. :D

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Thanks for the pics stagewex! I wish we still got the IMS out here in the Northwest. :mad:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Why are you selling?

Tom
I won't speak for him, but since he hasn't been on here much lately, I'd venture to say it has something to do with the ultrasound picture he posted recently. :D
You guys are on to something...... Im currently working three jobs for a lot of reasons. Its adding up to 70 hours a week or so hence my absence. Funny enough I loaned out my TW for a friend to practice with his permit and test on. After a month I forgot it was gone. Still been riding my africa twin a bit and it now has 3000 miles since I bought it in august. In regards to the rebel the final decision was because Beth is pregnant. She wont ride through the pregnancy and after that we dont expect to have time next season while our baby is fresh. So that puts it out till the following season she would get back on. In addition to that she learned and loved that little bike and I went with the small one because of the price and ease of learning. We were contemplating selling it anyways for a rebel 500. So for now Ill sell it while its new and make a move for her in the future. I sold off my restored honda gl500 and will be selling that monster too keeping just the TW and the africa twin. Im selling a fleet of really nice bikes too if anyone is interested. The kind that cost more than a new TW. Any how ill be around but life is changing for a while......

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Yeah man, congrats to you and Beth. Don't worry, I'm sure that it won't be too long before that baby is on a wee bike, making me look like a chump in Little Naches. I can't wait.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts