TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rebel500.jpg

I recently got to ride a Honda Rebel 250, while taking the Motorcycle Safety Coarse.

They had a couple TW's there, but I wanted to try the cruiser, since I've been riding the TW for a year already.

The Rebel 250 was fun. I could easily whip it around, and I was scraping the pegs in the turns.

It looks like the 2017 gets upgraded to 300 or 500cc's and has fat tires. The price doesn't seem too bad either.

The 2017 Honda Rebel is a rad reboot | Fox News
Honda Rebel, cult beginner bike and urban cruiser, reborn for 2017 - Autoblog

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
More motorcycles I won't be able to own! Almost looks like a Harley Sportster.
You must have good eyes! I couldn't spot the engine leak myself

Tom

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Not bad :)

Now we have a sport bike, a "standard", an "adventure" bike, and a cruiser, all using the same 500 P-twin motor...does anyone see where I'm going with this...? lol...

We need a damn dual sport using this motor!!!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Honda use to make a 450 Rebel years ago, that 250 engine is proven tho. Same as the nighthawk 250 I thought?
Cmx450 aka rebel 450. '86-'87. I've been shopping for a good one for my 5' tall wife for a couple years

·
Registered
816 Posts
Seen a 450 rebel locally for sale not too long ago.

That may be a bit far for me...... I've wanted to find one close enough for her to climb on and see if it works. She has a short inseam in addition to height challenge. Not even a hope or Dream on the Tw.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm hoping they make a street scrambler with that same 500cc motor. Triumph, Ducati, Yamaha, Moto Guzzi, and BMW all have scramblers now. None of them are lightweight except the Ducati - all the rest are overweight, under-powered behemoths. Honda has a chance to make a much lighter scrambler with similar horsepower. Something that might do as well off the road as on it. Give me dual high pipes like the CL450 of yore and some big fat knobbies, and I might throw my money at a new Honda!

Charles.

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Where have you been brother for so long??
I'm hoping they make a street scrambler with that same 500cc motor. Triumph, Ducati, Yamaha, Moto Guzzi, and BMW all have scramblers now. None of them are lightweight except the Ducati - all the rest are overweight, under-powered behemoths. Honda has a chance to make a much lighter scrambler with similar horsepower. Something that might do as well off the road as on it. Give me dual high pipes like the CL450 of yore and some big fat knobbies, and I might throw my money at a new Honda!

Charles.

Reactions: kj7687

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well, my TW was sold and then stolen before the paperwork was even finished. Left a bad taste in my mouth, I lost a friend over it. He took possession and didn't transfer the title for a week or two. Bike was stolen from his front yard (He didn't lock the steering). He wanted his money back. I still had insurance, but not theft coverage, and he took possession, and as far as I was concerned it wasn't my fault, and was out of my hands. Technically the bike is still in my name, wherever it may be. Probably thrashed and left in the woods to die once it was out of gas.

Anyhow, I've started to be active on the CX500 forum again, as well as advrider to some extent. I figured I'd check in here, and low and behold there are lots of awesome mods happening, and this place has grown and flourished quite nicely since I relinquished control. I'd like to get another tee-dub one day, but I just have too many bikes right now. More than my girlfriend is comfortable with.... and more than I'm comfortable with too, for that matter. Only one of the seven runs... so that's an issue :)

Although, one could be made running and legal pretty easily. The other needs a battery and a head gasket. One is a project in progress. One needs a new motor... then the parts bikes... and yeah, and I haven't worked on a single one in two years. Except the runner. I do a mod here and there just to keep it slowly transforming into my ideal bike.

Charles.

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
You've certainly been missed around here Charles.

Reactions: JerseyJeeper

·
Registered
81 Posts

Charles.
Same thoughts here. A version of the cb1100ex/rs with the 300 and 500/650 motor and a scrambler variant would be awesome and a budget competitor to the duc scrambler and triumph bonne lines which seem so far successful.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I wanted a 250 Rebel desperately when I was 16 to drive to high school. Almost saved enough to buy one, then my Dad squashed the idea by refusing to help with insurance. Fast forward several years later when I could afford my own bike. Bought a Honda Shadow. Convinced Mom to come riding with me, so she bought a 450 Rebel. We both rode from southern Virginia to Fort Myers on those bikes.... OUCH. :D Dad may have gotten me into riding motorcycles, but it was Mom who fostered the love.

I still love the original Rebels. Glad to see they've upped the CCs, but wish they'd kept the symmetrical styling. Dual pipes may not serve much function, but the aesthetics really make for a lovely bike.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
He wanted his his Money Back! Ha.

Good to see you here...!

jj

Well, my TW was sold and then stolen before the paperwork was even finished. Left a bad taste in my mouth, I lost a friend over it. He took possession and didn't transfer the title for a week or two. Bike was stolen from his front yard (He didn't lock the steering). He wanted his money back. I still had insurance, but not theft coverage, and he took possession, and as far as I was concerned it wasn't my fault, and was out of my hands. Technically the bike is still in my name, wherever it may be. Probably thrashed and left in the woods to die once it was out of gas.

Anyhow, I've started to be active on the CX500 forum again, as well as advrider to some extent. I figured I'd check in here, and low and behold there are lots of awesome mods happening, and this place has grown and flourished quite nicely since I relinquished control. I'd like to get another tee-dub one day, but I just have too many bikes right now. More than my girlfriend is comfortable with.... and more than I'm comfortable with too, for that matter. Only one of the seven runs... so that's an issue :)

Although, one could be made running and legal pretty easily. The other needs a battery and a head gasket. One is a project in progress. One needs a new motor... then the parts bikes... and yeah, and I haven't worked on a single one in two years. Except the runner. I do a mod here and there just to keep it slowly transforming into my ideal bike.

Charles.

Reactions: littletommy
1 - 20 of 34 Posts