·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
The adventure is a real beauty
I agree, it looks pretty cool. I like it - except for those damn cast wheels. They always ruin things with cast wheels... Suzuki is one of the few smart enough to realize that some people want adventure bikes with wire spokes!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I agree, it looks pretty cool. I like it - except for those damn cast wheels. They always ruin things with cast wheels... Suzuki is one of the few smart enough to realize that some people want adventure bikes with wire spokes!
I'd rather have cast wheels. Most spoke wheels run tubed tires.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
You can't do any real off road riding with cast wheels.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hey littletommy I think you better get on the list for that Adventure model if and when it's built and if and when it's available in the States. It would be perfect for you. Don't you think????

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey littletommy I think you better get on the list for that Adventure model if and when it's built and if and when it's available in the States. It would be perfect for you. Don't you think????
Yep; but the suspension might have to be beefed up a bit!! haha. ;)
:D

Reactions: dogonit

·
Registered
656 Posts
Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
2,494 Posts

I had the same response in mind, lol. Great minds? :)

Wire wheels will absorb shock and flex, whereas cast wheels will look like those above after absorbing significant shock from rocks, tree roots, etc.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I had the same response in mind, lol. Great minds? :)

Wire wheels will absorb shock and flex, whereas cast wheels will look like those above after absorbing significant shock from rocks, tree roots, etc.
Those bikes were ridden with flats. They should've been carrying tubes... :D:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reactions: akalogan and kj7687

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
You have a point, but 4-wheelers are different animals. What LT said...

I hit stuff really hard with my dirt bikes' wire wheels, and have never had a bent rim in nearly ten years, nor have I ever been on a ride with someone who has bent a wire wheel ( I don't deny that it is possible, but I think most of the time, if you've got a bent up rim on a dirt bike, it's because you've just been in a serious crash, and the rest of the bike is likely jacked as well). I have been on a couple of rides where cast rims were bent. I did have spokes start breaking on my DR200 wheel one time....but the rim still wasn't bent.

Anyway, I'm not saying you can't do any off roading with cast wheels, just that you're more likely to bend a rim if you get serious with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts