TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned this from Z. And I'm not so sure it's always wrong. I mean, if you use PM all the time nobody shares the conversation, even if it is somewhat personal. Which this ain't. Anyway, you being a bit of a character here, I have a few inquires.

1) Did you look at the Moab maps, and if so did anything trip your trigger?

2) What baubles have you garnered for your machine so far?

3) You and Nick going to come over for a "beer and visit" night with me and Chuck? I might just do a holster making lesson, so bring your iron.

4) I know Nick was dead set on taking a quad, poor choice in my opinion for him. Have you convinced him to get a TW and if it don't work, sell it to you or I at a considerable discount, but less than the week rental on an atv in Moab?

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Damn Borneo I could loan you my "Iron" for your lesson plan:cool:

Tom

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
{1} Looked over some of them....a few ideas, which I will discuss...and no I'm not taking any of those damn 6 inch wide runs across "slick rocks" or above cliffs...:p

(2) Decided to order only new boots and new front tire....the rest can be fixed or replaced on site....Hell with the Bark Busters....I will bare knuckle{with gloves on} and take my chances

(3) Yep we be coming over but probably after the Super Bore in early February mid month...

(4) Sent him links to several TWs on sale....will keep working on him....but not sure what he plans, except he insists he is going and doesn't mind renting a day or two or sitting around moab the rest of the time....but will see if I can pressure him some more..

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are ok on no bark busters. My ma raised no foolish boys. When poo hits the fan, her kid gets his hands off he bars. I don't run them either. Back when I ran woods enduros I most certainly did.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Nick sez he can't wait to see your "Play House".....it's what he envisions for his garage....which is huge, high, and has plenty of room....and yea, I'll bring a "piece"...but but that is across state lines....might need a lawyers advice:D

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I have acquired permission from the wife. I have scouted airline tickets and have the "funds" available. Mel has offered to bring a second bike for me to ride. Pride is holding me back from accepting his offer outright though. I don't want to be "THAT" guy! So I am exploring other options still. Not sure if I can swallow my pride or not. Never happened before though........

Tom

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
^^^Screw the pride....come on out. You'll discover some of us are without the P word....{thinking of Nick for prime example}:p

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
It sounds so easy Hoot but I am the kind of guy who lived for two weeks out of his VW Rabbit in North Carolina rather than accept a $200 loan from his own father. In his defense all he knew was I was short on the security deposit on an apartment. He had no idea I had already let the lease expire on my current one:eek:

Tom

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, Tom, I have offered to many, but at the moment, we have three in a four man truck. Trailer your crap to the warehouse in indiana and we will get you the rest of the way.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Is nick's Quad a 4x4?

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Z, I was gonna let him use mine until I figured out I had to register it. Not my preference. Register that crap in Indiana and they tax you until you die. Farm vehicle. No tax.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Well, Tom, I have offered to many, but at the moment, we have three in a four man truck. Trailer your crap to the warehouse in indiana and we will get you the rest of the way.
This is an incredible offer and I thank you immensely! I am a working stiff though that cannot stay as long as you guy's. I WANT to stay that long but with kids and a wife that I love dearly I have to save SOME vacation time to spend with them as well. In all seriousness I am a very lucky man to have them, so I really only added that bit for dramatic effect.

Tom

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Nick could pull tom on rollerblades.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts