TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum but didn't find much.

My horn has never worked and I need to replace it and get it working.

I'm interested in anyone's information on this. I'm ok with an OEM one, but not sure on what one will cost. I figured I might look for whatever I can find thats cheap. I don't mind adding a relay if need be.

Please share your horn tech here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just called local Yami dealer:

Part# 2KR-83371-0000

Price: $25.49

I guess that's not too bad. I'll think about it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
the oem hord is kinda quiet. i was thinking about going louder for those people who act like they cant see bike riders.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, my search didn't turn all that up. thanks for posting the links.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Loud horns save lives.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I am loud, and sound BIG. Think I ordered these from Ride Safe. Gerry

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I am loud, and sound BIG. Think I ordered these from Ride Safe. Gerry

Put some pasties on those things, why doncha?

Horns are directional-point them forward for best effect. I ordered mine from JCWhitney, thought they are no longer on the site. 118db if memory serves. About $30 shipped for the pair. I'm drawing up a front rack that will sling a set of trumpets underneath, just wide enough apart to make room for the fender to fit between them.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Decided to go with the Fiamm instead of OEM...

Info: https://www.napaonli...3804_0006392723

I didn't add the relay yet, but the stock switch blasts the horn easily... with much authority!

It was late during the install last night, and not wanting to wake my 2yr old son, I mounted it to the best location I could find on the bike that already had a hole. It's one of those tube / holes going through the frame under the tank. I know it's not preferred to point a horn sideways rather than forwards, but this is probably temporary. The horn is probably 5-10 times louder than my old OEM one (which basically just squicked a little). So I'm pretty happy.

Here it is:

Pretty hidden if not looking for it:

Close up pic showing location better:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts