TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/news/erry-2018/06/f2e509cfd11171/horror_plant_causes_3rddegree.html

robot.JPG

There's a plant out there that makes your poison ivy reaction look like a few minor pimples, and according the New York Department of Environmental Conservation, it is spreading all over Upstate NY.
Giant Hogweed is an invasive species, and it's a federally recognized noxious weed. It's been called a "horror plant" because contact with it can cause painful burns, permanent scarring and even blindness. And if that wasn't bad enough, it wreaks havoc on plants and soil wherever it spreads.
The DEC has issued an alert about this dangerous plant species that could be right in your back yard, including information on how to identify it, and how to recognize when you've come into contact with it.
WARNING: Some photos in the link are graphic.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We've had that sucker over here for years - just steer clear of the sap and the hairs on the stalk and it's fine ....
She has sappy hairs! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hairs on her stalks? I believe Gilda shaved her legs.
Guess we won't introduce Purple to Gilda when he comes to ride with us next year.
:grin:

·
Registered
149 Posts
We should all ride at least once like Gilda Texter in Vanishing Point.
They say you meet the nicest people on a Honda.
You wouldn't want to be over dressed when meeting Gilda out on the trail, would you?

View attachment 181062
I really thought I’d ridden every way possible, I was wrong.
But not to old to start!

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These are THREE plants to watch for..VERY POISONOUS:

Horror-Plants.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts