TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, All

Planning on taking a ride from Horseshoe Bend to Garden Valley in a loop, using Harris Creek Rd, Star Creek Rd to Alder Creek Rd. On the way will be the towns of Centerville, Placeville and then Garden Valley. From Garden Valley it's time to head down the Banks Lowman road to HWY 55 at Banks then back to Horseshoe Bend.

The total ride distance is 60-70 miles 50/50 riding dirt then Asphalt. I have riden to Placerville but not beyond that until this ride. Seems simple enough and should be scenic.

If something comes up where I cannot make it either weather or work related I'll post that Monday 6/18. PM ME IF YOU HAVE Q's

Meeting place is on the left just after you cross the Payette river the second time, there is a large turn out if you are coming from Boise on HWY 55. If you are taking HWY 52 to Horseshoe Bend then you will cross only once. The three photo's are the route and the meeting point.

Anyone is welcome I won't leave anyone behind.

Next up for me after this is Kirkham ridge trail #144 awesome views never finished always a tree or snow blocking the way.

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Love to go but... I'll be ready to be back in the TW saddle mid July.

Looks like a fairly relaxing ride that most who join you will enjoy. And if no one joins you, then you'll enjoy it on your own. I've been on all of this, with the exception of the tar highways on the TW. Since you are riding this route on a Monday, you won't have heavy cage traffic to deal with, so tooling down Banks-Lowman Hwy and Hwy 55 from Banks to HSB should be fun. Good twisties, trees and riding next to the river(s). Plus, you are going mostly downhill so this should make it easier for the TW. Wish I could go boo hoo!

Can you save the Kirkham Ridge trail ride for when I get back in July. I'd love to go, but don't want to do it by myself.

Good luck and enjoy your HSB-GV and back ride.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I will be in the SouthHills on an adventure when you do the Garden Valley ride but would sure be up for the Kirkham ridge ride. It has been 20 years since I made the loop around to Bull Trout lake.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Am I missing a date here? When are you planning to do this ride? I might be interested if I can take off. Let me know the date. Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Future ride 6/21/12 @11am

1 - 8 of 8 Posts