TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Does anyone know what this hose is for? It comes out of the bottom of the carb and goes up under the tank. It has a plug in the end of it. I'm thinking it's some kind of fuel overflow or something. Can I shorten the hose? If i can, how short can I go. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Actually, that hose comes from the intake manifold. That said, I have no idea what the purpose of it is. I've look at parts schematics and all it says is "hose", "plug", and "clip".

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow scotti158, that was fast. You must have been sitting there just waiting for me to ask that question. Lol. It sure is a hose, a plug and a clip. Lol

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
My 2013 has it. Isn't that the hose that would go to the evap cannister on California models?
I was wondering that myself. I looked up the Cali. model on Bike Bandit and it has the same "dead end" hose. The emissions canister hooks up to a carb vent line and a vent in the tank if I'm looking at it right. Try pulling the hose off, plug the manifold fitting, and start the bike. I bet it makes no difference.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Thanks guys. Would anyone be interested in trying scotti158 idea, my bike is in pieces right now.

I have had the hose shortened (~2 inches) and plugged...bike runs fine...can't tell if there is any additional noise since I wear earplugs.

jb

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok jb, did you shorten it 2" or shorten it TO 2"? Lol. I don't know why I find this all so funny, probably cause I thought it was a dumb question, but it turns out it wasn't that obvious.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Ok jb, did you shorten it 2" or shorten it TO 2"? Lol. I don't know why I find this all so funny, probably cause I thought it was a dumb question, but it turns out it wasn't that obvious. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I cut the hose to about 2", just long enough to insert a bolt coated with a thin layer of high temp silicone.

There are pre-made rubber caps for vacuum lines, but as Lzrdbrth said, they are of low quality, and have a tendency to fall off.

I also have plans for the remaining hose to be an alternate air vent for the carb.

jb

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow. Thanks scotti158, that was very informative. I feel a little smarter now, and I've now got a good reason to leave that tube in there.

2006 TW200 Bobber build.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts