TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up Monday and had a hard time standing up. Sat on the bedside as I about tipped over. I tried to stand and on the forth try I managed to stay up. Held onto the dresser as I got dressed and walked into the kitchen. I walked like one of those "walking dead" folks. My balance was gone. I tried to get a handle on what was happening and thought I had had a stroke. My daughter said I was going to the hospital as it was obvious something was haywire. Went in on Monday morn and they did brain, heart, blood and strength tests. When I first went in and got a room, I went to the bathroom which was a short walk from the room. I came back and tossed up the glass of orange juice I had had before leaving. I am back at my daughter's place and will be leaving for home on Friday. I am still a bit unbalanced, well always have been, but this is different. While here in SC I did take a deer and my gson took a nice one, 3x3 with double eyeguards. At 10 yrs old he has taken 9 deer so far. Has been a good stay and was going to be here until the 5th, but shortened the trip due to the latest issues. Hope I can still keep a TW upright, I do know my flying days and driving semi's is over unless they can figure out what is going on. At least I do have 4 wheelers I can take on some of our expeditions, just won't be the same though.

Registered
Hey, Mr. Straight...sorry to hear you're feeling poorly.
Sounds like a mini-stroke, but then I ain't no doctor.

Will you be hearing their conclusions soon?
Be sure to let us know.

Are you a smoker? Sounds like a great time to quit!
Hell, you're just 70 and you have a lot of good years left...take good care of them.

I just read your bio...you are one tough old sumbitch, ain't ya?
"Jumpmaster", eh? Probably just too many hard landings!
All those jumps static line on those big ol' T-10 canopies?
Much respect for the Airborne!!

I have 211 civilian skydiving jumps on good sport equipment, for the most part. Mainly soft landings but quite a few really hard ones, too. Enough to still being able to feel the effects of those at 75!
And then there were "a few" motorcycle crashes, *really* feeling the results of those.
But you know what? I wouldn't change a damn thing...and I bet you wouldn't either.

"You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can鈥檛, you do the next best thing.
You back up but you don鈥檛 give up."

- General Chuck Yeager, USAF

Registered
If you used to smoke and drink and quite andthen all these medical issues started, you should go back to drink'in & smok'in. :p Of course, I kid and you should stick to candy cigarettes and apple juice.

Be well my friend!

Registered
Sounds weird. Get it checked out and get better.

Registered
Hope you feel better soon and get home safely. I blame South Carolina. Ha ha. Get well Uncle Plumb.

Registered
Dang we鈥檙e dropping like flies.hang tough and I hope they get o the bottom of your troubles our friend.

Registered
My 94 year old neighbor had a very similar problem like his inner gyroscope was on tilt. After all sorts of tests they finally found he had a sinus infection that affected his inner ear. That was complicated by one of his other daily dose medications and had him all screwed up for a few weeks. I have nothing against doctors and miracle drugs these days but one thing we have to really pay attention to is the various drug interactions with other drugs. If one drug counteracts another there could be major issues. They took him off a few of the culprits and after clearing up the sinus infection he was back on his feet and feeling fine and still is. Cholesterol drugs, blood thinners and heart rate lowering concoctions do not necessarily all work well together and some even block your bodies ability to fight minor infections. I urge you to have your medications evaluated to see if something you might be ingesting could be causing unseen issues. After my heart attack they had me so screwed up I was afraid to do anything until my doctor adjusted the dosages to the correct levels. If I stood up too quick I got dizzy and if I bent over forward I could fall on my face. There was an article a while back done by Consumers Report, Good Drugs/Bad Drugs and the findings were astonishing because drug companies don't often tell doctors the adverse side effects or how their drug interacts with other drugs. Basically they just don't know.
Be well plumb and hope for a speedy recovery.

GaryL

Registered
P.Straight------ very scary stuff. Glad you survived. Seems, from personal expirence, you may have had a "small " stroke! Driving for hundreds of miles at a time may be the culprit. You would be better off parking your truck and walk home. Walk, walk, walk, and more walking. Has a doctor ever mentioned this to you? I know you never smoked tobacco or pot so we should blame the women in your life. Carol maybe more then you can handle. Haha. Be careful Randall. Thank the Lord for your wake-up call. Dirts a Flyen SanDue :rolleyes: :D

Registered
Best of Luck Plumb...this getting old shit isn't for the weak...:rolleyes:

Registered
Spoke with Plumb; imagine he will be back on his feet soon making barmaids blush from the eastern seaboard to the arctic circle before you know it.
I got thrown in the Dallas slammer one night for that.
Really.:(

Registered
Randall, somehow every public place I've been with you somehow ends up with the young ladies smiling and blushing as they realise that the big Santa Clause they just met is quite the charmer. Bet the hospital nurses wanted to keep you for observation.

Registered
Randall, somehow every public place I've been with you somehow ends up with the young ladies smiling and blushing as they realise that the big Santa Clause they just met is quite the charmer. Bet the hospital nurses wanted to keep you for observation.
But one of them blush'in bar-maiden's got even with him. :p Granted, it was his birthday and that may have had something to do with it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts