TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some very rare pics for Houston. My new helper was with me today.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Awesome isn't it. We haven't had any snow here in the valley. Mountains yes but snot at our house. My son in San Antonio posted the snow on his FB page. I couldn't believe it but after you posted this I do.

Time to get a snow plow or snow thrower on that John Deere. :p

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Nice it has only snowed here 3-4 times in my life. We are getting earthquakes and fires. Glad your not having hurricanes😳

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Must be that damn Man Made Global Warming..:cool:

I'm heading for Naples tomorrow and will be there for about 5 days...highs 62, 65, 71, 64,...I grew up {sort of} in South Florida and I can tell you for sure, you just don't see week long stretches of cold like that in the region...of course it's still better than the 20s with lows in the teens back here in Ohio while I'm gone!:la:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Still snow free up here in NY. Sure has been cold though. I think we are supposed to catch the northern end of that storm Saturday night with a few flurries. Looks like most of it is hitting to the south. That's fine by me. I'm sure well get it soon enough, and then we'll be socked in till March or April. I'm getting too old for this.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Oh the pain of Texas weather, blizzard one day and 60s the next. I guess I need a ride.
Hehe, yea, you got it bad. You ever see the Jeff Foxworthy skit about living in upstate NY?

"You might live in upstate New York if..."

"If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in Upstate New York."
"If you're proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights a year because Saranac Lake is the coldest spot in the nation, and Syracuse gets more snow than any other major city in the US, you might live in Upstate NY."

"If your local ice cream stand is closed from October through May, you might live in Upstate New York."

"If you get 131 inches of snow in a week and you comment that 'winter's finally here', you might live near Oswego in Upstate New York."

"If you instinctively walk like a penguin for six months out of the year, you might live, bundled up, in Upstate New York."

"If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, you might live in Upstate NY."

"If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead, you might live in Upstate New York."

"If you have worn shorts and a parka on the same day, you might live in Upstate New York."

"If you have had a lengthy phone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in Upstate New York."

"You know you are a true upstate New Yorker when..."

"Vacation" means going South past Syracuse for the weekend.

You measure distance in hours.

You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.

You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again.

You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.

You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend/wife knows how to use them.

You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.

You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.

You can identify a southern or eastern accent.

Down South to you means Corning.

You go out for a fish fry every Friday.

Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.

You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.

You find 10 degrees "a little chilly." and 55 is shorts weather.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts