1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Houston, Texas Dual-Sport Meet-Up

WEST/CENTRAL HOUSTON (TEXAS) DUAL-SPORT RIDERS MEET-UP GROUP

WEDNESDAYS 7 PM

CHECK LAST PAGE FOR WEEKLY MEETUP LOCATION.

Be sure to POST up if you're planning to join us...or else we might think you're not coming and stay home. :p

Open to any dual-sport riders or those interested in dual-sport riding. We hope to build our dual-sport rider community, share info, and plan adventure rides. We'll have a table on the patio so we can keep an eye on our bikes. Please post (each week) if you plan to attend so we can block enough table space.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wish it was more central. I'd be there in a heart beat. Looks like fun though! Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be sure to post up if you plan to meet us on Wednesday nights for the West/Central Houston Dual-Sport meet-up group.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
NEW LOCATION for West/Central Houston Dual-Sport Meet-up starting this Wednesday, April 9, 2014:

JAX GRILL
1613 Shepherd Drive
Houston, TX 77007
(713) 861-5529
www.jaxgrillhouston.com

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...d=0CMEBEPwSMAo

If you're coming from I10 West towards downtown Houston take the Durham Street exit and turn right. Go down a couple of streets and turn left on Inker Street. You'll come up on the side of Jax Grill and the entrance to the parking lot on the right (if you go too far you'll hit Shepherd which is one-way to the left.). There's an outside covered patio off the parking lot and that's where we'll meet at 6pm Wednesdays.

Post up if you're planning to join us!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make sure to post up if you plan to join us at Jax Grill...or you may find yourself there all by yourself... :p

NEW LOCATION for West/Central Houston Dual-Sport Meet-up starting this Wednesday, April 9, 2014:

JAX GRILL
1613 Shepherd Drive
Houston, TX 77007
(713) 861-5529
www.jaxgrillhouston.com

If you're coming from I10 West towards downtown Houston take the Durham Street exit and turn right. Go down a couple of streets and turn left on Inker Street. You'll come up on the side of Jax Grill and the entrance to the parking lot on the right (if you go too far you'll hit Shepherd which is one-way to the left.). There's an outside covered patio off the parking lot and that's where we'll meet at 6pm Wednesdays.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, the weather cleared and it's warming up. Who's coming out to Jax Grill tomorrow night...??

Be sure to POST up if you're planning to join us...or else we might think you're not coming and stay home. :eek:

JAX GRILL
1613 Shepherd Drive
Houston, TX 77007
(713) 861-5529
www.jaxgrillhouston.com

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great meet-up tonight at Jax Grill. It was good to meet Wilderness Rider, Repxis, Gser and his wife, Gay. My6 and I are especially relieved we were able to be there the same night as the "band". I can't guarantee that we'll be able to get the same band next week...but I know I'LL be praying about it. Here's a pic of our group tonight. Oh, and a big thank you to "Lurch" for the photo bomb.

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Oh, and a big thank you to "Lurch" for the photo bomb.

Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about, but I got it.

I did have to ask a co-worker what a "photo bomb" was. Again, I lernt something new today.
I do know alot about Mr. Potato Head tho!

Hope you had a fun time at the meetup. Rides planned?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about, but I got it.

I did have to ask a co-worker what a "photo bomb" was. Again, I lernt something new today.
I do know alot about Mr. Potato Head tho!

Hope you had a fun time at the meetup. Rides planned?
We're getting there. Although I didn't go into detail, there was a "surprise" performance from a Celtic group with one guitar and four singers, at least one of whom is still searching for her key. But her mike was cranked up. We couldn't hear each other until they stopped playing at 8pm. I asked the restaurant mgr. how long they were playing. She said, "They promised to stop at 8pm. We didn't know they were going to be here.". Surprise!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry I've been AFK a couple of days. Some POS stole my smart phone and the keys to my new car and house out of my shopping basket while we were paying for our groceries at Kroger's Saturday. :mad:

So, I've been busy sticking pins in my thief voodoo doll...

Anyway...we're back at JAX GRILL at 1613 Shepherd (just off I10 @ Inker) this Wednesday at 6pm (or whenever you can get there!). For those who were present last week, I verified that the band will NOT, I repeat NOT be performing Wednesday night. We park near by and sit on the patio.

Post up if you're coming! Look forward to seeing you!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is a little late posting from Wednesday night's gathering, but between my trick smart phone getting stolen last week and the Comcastics upgrading our system, I've had some delays in getting online lately.

Here's a few pics of the riders who were in attendance this week:
Silver Bullet, Wilderness Rider, My6, GSer and his wife, Gay.

It was lots of fun, no music to shout over, funny stories, and talk of upcoming rides...

You should join us next Wednesday...we're a fun group! :p

Jax DS Meet up 042314 group shot.jpg Jax DS Meet up 042314 left side of table.jpg Jax DS Meet up 042314 right side of table.jpg

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Photo Bomb and now AFK. Yup, had to look that one up too! You're making me feel real real old! Guess I shouldn't wonder why my kids laugh so hard when I try to talk tech!:p

Glad you got with the group. Soon you will have to stop eating and drinking and get some riding in. Having fun, it's what it's all about!

·
Registered
19,391 Posts
I hope the Voodoo doll pins work. Sorry for your loss. A pox on all thieves.

Happy Trails

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Wednesday, May 28th location

Okay, this Wednesday we're meeting at 7pm at The Live Oak Bar & Grill
located at 10444 Old Hempstead Rd. Houston, Texas 77092.
www.Liveoakbarandgrill.com

Please post up if you plan to join us! :toothy9:

Check the last page of the thread to find out the weekly meetup location.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay, this Wednesday we're meeting at 7pm at The Live Oak Bar & Grill
located at 10444 Old Hempstead Rd. Houston, Texas 77092.
Live Oak Bar and Grill

Please post up if you plan to join us! :toothy9:

Check the last page of the thread to find out the weekly meetup location.
We've decided that this place suits us just fine. They gave us a private room with a flat screen and put motocross racing on for us. Quick and friendly service, good food and drinks, and when it's not raining outside, we can sit out under the trees on the big patio.

Join us on Wednesdays at 7pm:

Live Oak Bar and Grill
10444 Old Hempstead Road
Houston, TX 77092
Live Oak Bar and Grill

Post up if you plan to join us! ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
We meet at a different restaurant each Wednesday at 7pm. Check our post on TWTex.com for current location.

Post up if you're joining us so we can save enough space.

TravelDiva

:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts