TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
It just don't look natural. I wonder how long it took cagers to accept this law in CA. Drivers in MD get all jammed up when another driver runs a lane out then merges in front of them.

Registered
It is not legal in NY but in 30 years of commuting and splitting lanes nearly every day, I have only been stopped for it once. There are cars that move over in my way on purpose, but I just go around their other side. For every person that moves over to block me, at least 20 move over to make more room. I also have never had an accident as a result of lane splitting, and I have to admit...... I really enjoy it.

Registered
Yup, lane splitting is cool. One can complain about California all you want, but it's
sure is a great place to ride. Though it's been deemed "acceptable" by the CHP
they even issue a warning about ignorant drivers of cars and unpracticed
rider's execution of splitting. Actually, once you get used to it, I find splitting
to be quite exciting, rewarding and injury reducing. The only time in over thirty years of riding
I've managed to get wacked was when I was rear ended waiting for a light to change.
Had I split to the head of the line I'd never been tagged. The TW is well adapted for splitting.

Registered
I lived and rode in England for 3.5 years. They call it filtering.

Registered
I sometimes split when riding alone. Rarely when commuting to Manhattan.
Two up, I'm remaining in the lane.

It is not legal in NY but in 30 years of commuting and splitting lanes nearly every day, I have only been stopped for it once. There are cars that move over in my way on purpose, but I just go around their other side. For every person that moves over to block me, at least 20 move over to make more room. I also have never had an accident as a result of lane splitting, and I have to admit...... I really enjoy it.

Registered
I have been going down a freeway doing 70 to 75 mph in my car and have had riders splitting the lane between me and the guy next to me. That is not something I do. I will split lanes at stop lights or when the traffic is going along at a crawl but any faster than that I get in line.

A year or two ago some bill was voted on to outlaw lane splitting. It failed but I am sure will be reintroduced over and over again until it does pass. Do gooders doing good. Those that know what is best and want you to do what they say. The surprise to me is that California is the only state that allows it -- at least I think it is the only state that allows lane splitting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts