TW200 Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
It's always something around here... A block away today someone got shot and they have the whole block roped off.

Last week there was a 85 year old disabled lady with her Mobility equipment trying to cross the road and I guess some impatient person thought it was just taking too too much of their precious time, so they shot her too!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
There was a time when Man insultingly referred to sub-humans as animals. In our time, I feel this only insults the animals...

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #85

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
somebody has to bring light to the worst places... and I imagine you are a beacon LT
Exactly. I try bro. (Bloom where you are planted) Plus, I can't afford to live any place else!!! :geek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Speaking of bad neighborhoods, there are a lot of messed up street people in Victoria BC; I guess they come here from all over because the weather is good for living on the street, at least compared to other cities in Canada.
My best friend messaged me Monday morning:
“We had an attempted home invasion early this morning!”
“Police just left with the pitchfork!”
I’m thinking pitchfork - WTF?? so I called her.

Apparently her hubby Wayne woke up really early, around 5:30 am. He was on the back deck smoking a cigarette, and he sees a pitchfork get thrown over the back fence!
There’s an alleyway between her backyard and the supermarket next door, with a 6-foot fence. Wayne walks over to check out the pitchfork, and then sees some guy trying to climb over the fence.
So Wayne picks up the pitchfork and says to him in a calm voice, “Just try it…” The guy takes one look at Wayne and bolts off down the alleyway!

They call the cops, thinking the guy was going to break in and try to rob them.
The cop takes one look at her backyard and says, “He wasn’t trying to get into your house – he was after that!”
He points out that there’s a young Japanese maple tree in the back corner. They can fetch $100-$200 cash on craigslist or whatever.
The police say there have been plenty of yard plant thefts lately.
Now my friend is having cameras put on the house. :(

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I think I have seen something like that down Sprague a ways from me. They have tried to clean up the area a bit in the last three or four years. They try to run out the Johns and the prostitutes and they've closed down the cheap high gravity dollar beer liquor stores to move the kind of folks that frequent the area farther from downtown. It's still pretty sketchy though.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
It's always something around here... A block away today someone got shot and they have the whole block roped off.

Last week there was a 85 year old disabled lady with her Mobility equipment trying to cross the road and I guess some impatient person thought it was just taking too too much of their precious time, so they shot her too!!
Dang!!! Another person in the neighborhood got shot!!! What's this world coming too?

81 - 94 of 94 Posts