TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

One thing I have found when riding is my thirst. Can't seem to get enough water. I looked around in all my stuff and found my solutions. My son had bought me a Range Bag and in it was this cup holder. I mounted on the front of my bike. It's perfect! It's mounted and works like it was custom made for my bike. The draw string keeps my water bottled secure even on rough trails. It has a rubberized mesh bottom and the holes were large enough to run a tie wrap to secure it to the blinker.
I found that my canteen also works well. I added a couple tie wraps to ensure that it stays put. The canteen holder secures my stove, cup and in the side pockets secure the Trioxane fire starters. One day I am going to stop on the trail and make a cup of instant Starbucks coffee.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice I have that very same pack made by Rothco in Multi Cam. I have never bought a Hydration bladder. I may have to add one of them to my endless stash of stuff. I like the idea of Ice. I currently keep my pack packed with anything I may need when away from home. I never leave home without it when traveling more then one day.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The hydration packs are great and handy. Considering I am not in the greatest shape for riding, I tend to add a couple emergen C's to help keep me filled with nutrients. Emergen-C does have Vitamin C, a good B Complex, Potassium and some of the electrolytes so it's a healthier alternative to Gatorade/Powerade and the extra B Vitamins can help with energy among other things. Bananas don't agree with me anymore so it's a great substitution.

I am guilty of drinking the Rockstars...but for a ride Emergen C's work well.

Being a tall guy (6'3) I still like to ride on tank and with my legs being bent most of the ride they tend to want to cramp at the end and you can't eat a banana riding down a rocky road with a full face helmet...

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are spiritual Beings having a brief earthly experience. Only the body that allows us to sustain life on this planet dies. Your right play hard and enjoy your visit. Deep Huh

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have a smaller size Osprey pack that has storage space too. it holds a 2 liter Nalgene bladder that has a stiff backing so it doesn't squish all over. Then I have the assault pack part of the large Marine pack, good size for day trips or maybe 2 day and it will hold a 2 liter bladder

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
image.jpg

I have used SteriPen for a few years now. It's small light weight solution that has always worked well for me in all the water sources that I pull from. I also keep a handkerchief handy to filter debris, should I ever need it. I'm sure everyone has their personal preference Kadadyn, MSR, Berkey, Sawyer. For me it's having something on hand. My SeriPen always travels with me.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
+1 for the hydration pack. The real benefit to me is that I can drink while riding...you don't need to take the helmet off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Get a life straw. They are about 22 dollars online, filters something like 5000 liters of water before needing to be replaced, has a life of 3-5 years once it is used once, and it lets you drink from any water source safely. I have two.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
x? hydration pack. added benefit of an unscheduled departure from bike if you land on your back can act as a air, err water bag. From mtn bike experience likely won't do a good job holding water after that. :D

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Get a life straw. They are about 22 dollars online, filters something like 5000 liters of water before needing to be replaced, has a life of 3-5 years once it is used once, and it lets you drink from any water source safely. I have two.
along the same idea...i don't use it on my bike but i have one of these for hiking...no typical water filter pumping needed...so you can fill up your bottles and be on your way...
Platypus Gravityworks Water Filter System - 4 Liter - Free Shipping at REI.com

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I just fill old 20oz bottles of soda with water and put them cold into a little soft cooler that fits in my pack that's mounted to my rear cycle rack. Easy peasy. Normally carry a few power bars or granola bars incase I get the munchies or my blood sugar drops being diabitic....;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts