TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I just joined the form because I just this week purchased a TW200 that I will be taking on hunting trips this fall. I was hoping you guys could give me some ideas on how to carry a hunting rifle on the TW200? Is there a way to mount a hard case?

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
56 Posts
I saw this quite a while ago. Not exactly meant for traditional hunting, this TW200 was designed by a forum member for a zombie apocalypse. Even though it leaves your weapon out in the weather, I thought it might be worth a look.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
56 Posts
A more weather resistant approach might be something like this Harley-Davidson MT350 utilizes. It was made for use by NATO forces back in the 90's.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
457 Posts
Chat with member Ski Pro 3, or look up pics of his TW hunting rig, with hard mounted case.

Reactions: Ski Pro 3

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I started with the Manrack rack out of Lodi, CA and then a hard shell case from Cabela's that came with a mount for a quad. The length of the case was just long enough to be supported by the passenger left foot peg. It is extremely sturdy.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Plant community

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Plant

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I usually just sling small rifles like an AR15 .458 socom /300 blackout, ,AR10 .308
or lever action on my back..
Bigger scoped bolt rifles like a .338 lapua or .458 LOTT go in soft case across the
Handle bars strapped to the mirrors..
The .50bmg goes in a hard case strapped to the top of the trailer with a red flag
on the end..
mike from NC

Reactions: Mistervelocity

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ski Pro has exactly what I had in mind. I will be looking into a similar setup. Thanks for the help fellas. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m exploring the options as well. I want a hard case for shorter / carbine length rifles. I don’t want the 54” cases or to carry an AR in. The smaller the profile the better. If the SHTF, I’ll be carrying a SBR inverted across my back in a two point sling.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I’m exploring the options as well. I want a hard case for shorter / carbine length rifles. I don’t want the 54” cases or to carry an AR in. The smaller the profile the better. If the SHTF, I’ll be carrying a SBR inverted across my back in a two point sling.
My SHTF go-to is a Ruger 10/22 stainless take down with a 3-9 scope (also stainless) and a laser light. It comes with a cloth bandolier in break-down mode. We are limited to 10 round mags in California, but they make a device to attach 3 10 round mags together so I just release the mag, rotate and slam it back home. Do that twice for 30 rounds. I get very fast with it. Especially if it's dark enough that the laser light is obvious.
My SHTF round is the CCI Stinger .22 which has an amazing stopping power. The rifle will also cycle subsonic rounds. Put a baby bottle nipple on the end of the barrel and it's as quiet as my pellet rifle.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Only one I ever carry is one of my AR-7 rifles. Fits in any luggage.

I guess I am more of an opportunist than a hunter.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in the PRNJ near the PRNY border. FWIW, I have plenty of Bug Out tools in my inventory. A 40 S&W KelTec Sub2K with mags that also fit my sidearm would be first choice for being mounted and traveling fast (fits in my messenger style computer bag). I used to be employed in the diplomatic/VIP security sector. But for this discussion, deer hunting with a 22LR is out. So a Henry Big Boy Model X in 357 or my Mossberg MVP takedown flex, will the tools of choice. I’m leaning towards a 36” to 42” narrow plastic box to be extremely low key. Side mounted in a near vertical or canted mount.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually found what I will be modifying. Condition 1 42” Single Hard Rifle Case. For $45.00, I have no hesitation drilling into to make proper mounts / U-bolts to fit my needs. Having the mounting hardware on the inside of a TSA approved case will keep me on the right side of the law in both states. I bow hunt in NJ and rifle in NY. I park on the border and work both states depending on the season.

·
Registered
2003 tw
1 Posts
Tusk rack with a koplin gun boot works well for me. I like how the mount says there till you get back to camp. Still has room for other crap.
Kind of a strange first post but this forum is so good I haven’t been able to contribute anything just learning.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Tusk rack with a koplin gun boot works well for me. I like how the mount says there till you get back to camp. Still has room for other crap.
Kind of a strange first post but this forum is so good I haven’t been able to contribute anything just learning.
Great lead in for a first post!
Where you from?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts