TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

I have notices that the TW is a great bike with a lot of followers, so what other bikes do you have to complement the fat tire bike?

I have a KLR650 so far, maybe bike #3 in a year or 2.

Cheers

Damasovi

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've got a BMW R65, but now that I have a Dub, I'm going to sell it in the spring.

·
Registered
196 Posts
My TW has had a few stablemates along the way
First was a Gilera XR1, only a 125cc but was very rapid, but had to go as it was just too tall (i'm only 5 foot), very nice looking with lots of nice bits like double front mudguard, extra bars
Then came a Honda XR250, white tank, stainless exhaust, I polished all the ally bits, very pretty
Then KTM Duke2 that I inherited off the other half, only had 1215 miles on it at 4 years old as he'd hardly ever used it, i ran that as a summer bike only, it was immaculate
When that got a bit long in the tooth traded it in for my current 'other bike', KTM 690SMR, but that only goes out really when we go out on bikes together, so he doesn't have to wait for me to catch up

·
Registered
816 Posts
ducati monster for playing. nothing but pure bike. No extra junk. Motor, wheels, handlebars, and power. Nothing like it period. valve springs? what for. Just you and the road. Oh and to top it off I would say I have a thing for the air cooled 2v motors.

For touring I have an 82 honda gl500I that has been restored. Neat design, reliable, comfortable, ect. Transverse twin with shaft drive.

Regardless of the bikes you have the equation is simple. The perfect number of bikes to own is N+1 where N=how many bikes you have currently. Keep the rubber side down and ride on!

Untitled by dolphaxel, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I have a Honda Shadow RS750.; I had this before the TW200. There is just something super special about the TW200,hmmmmm,dual purpose all-around'er I suppose !.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have a 2001 Honda VFR, and a 2009 Triumph Sprint St 1050 to keep me happy on the street. To tell you the truth, I put about 3500 miles on the T dub last year. About as much as each of the others. I saw a lot more scenery while aboard the T dub.

·
Registered
326 Posts
FJR 1300 for hiway rides with harleys because they get jelouse when the TW goes slow down the highway and enjoying the ride and then tun off on a gravel road or no road and they can't follow.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
03 TW I took to alaska and brought back to Washington. Bought another one for the wife and hopefully she will get on to it well enough to start riding, or stay home. Have an kawasaki 1500 classic and an 06 goldwing.

figure to do a lot more Tdubing this summer with some local Tdubers. Would like to meet as many as possible and see the backroads of the east and west side of our state.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Honda XR400R(street titled,plated)
Kawasaki KX500
Honda CR480
Royal Enfield 500 Scrambler
2 BW 80's(his/hers)
Suzuki RM125
Suz RM175

·
Registered
90 Posts
Husky TE511
Scorpa TYS175F
TW200
I seem to be buying 'odd-ball' bikes lately.
Which is almost anything non-KTM these days...

Also a pair of CRF-70's in the garage, for my son and nephew - both 9-year olds.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've kind of got three TW's, in small,medium and large. I've got the 06 TW200, a 1981 BMW R80 g/s, and a 2007 R1200GS Adventure. There's also a Honda Hawk 650 GT sitting next to them and a rat bike based off of an old PC800. Both the Hawk and rat bike are for sale. My wife has the TW's sister, the XT225. She also has a BMW F650GS, an old R100GS BumbleBee with a sidecar, a Honda CBR 929 that has now become her track bike, a Beta 125 Trails bike and a Gas Gas TXT280 trials bike. So yeah.. our garage is a little tight.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Garage clean last weekend,

Pictured are TW#1, 2, and 3, two SV650, and the BMW XChallenge.

TW#1 has been sold to a friend who now has the bug. The TW with numberplate is being prepped for Hare Scrambles competition duty. The other black one is daily driver.

I have a storage facility with a Titan 500, RD350, RD60, YSR50, BMW R60/6, Honda Super 90, and probably a couple I've forgotten I own.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've kind of got three TW's, in small,medium and large. I've got the 06 TW200, a 1981 BMW R80 g/s, and a 2007 R1200GS Adventure. There's also a Honda Hawk 650 GT sitting next to them and a rat bike based off of an old PC800. Both the Hawk and rat bike are for sale. My wife has the TW's sister, the XT225. She also has a BMW F650GS, an old R100GS BumbleBee with a sidecar, a Honda CBR 929 that has now become her track bike, a Beta 125 Trails bike and a Gas Gas TXT280 trials bike. So yeah.. our garage is a little tight.

I've noticed, since buying the first TW, how many fellow BMW owners have one or more of these in their garage. Even more curious, your current bikeography mimics mine either currently, or reads off like a list of machines I've owned at one time or another. Send me some info on the Hawk and Rat/PC. I may have an interest :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts