TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I feel really stupid. I can not figure how to add pics. Can I add an attachment / file right from my computer? I see no button for that. I don't have photo bucket. Do I need to be a genius ? thank you kindly, mac

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Ok, I feel really stupid. I can not figure how to add pics. Can I add an attachment / file right from my computer? I see no button for that. I don't have photo bucket. Do I need to be a genius ? thank you kindly, mac

Some use PhotoBucket, I use Picasa, but you do need some online site to "host" (that is to "store") your pictures so they can be accessed online by the forum here (which is actually just putting a "pointer" to where the photo really is stored).

Here's what you do...

- Download Picasa and install it on your computer - [url]www.Picasa.com[/url](it is free)

- Run Picasa. It will find all the images on your computer and catalog them. (This is nice in itself). Picasa is a wonderful tool and can do many, many other things, but you asked about posting pics here, so...

- Use Picasa to locate the picture you want to use in the forum. Use the "Upload" feature which will place your photo(s) out on Picasaweb (you will need to "join", but again, it's free.

- Once your images are out on Picasaweb, go to the "WebAlbums" link in Picasa and you'll be in your online "album."

(Confused yet...?
Hang in there!)

Once you see the image in your web album, right-click on it, choose "Properties" and you see something that looks like this -

-- http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Zvkz5M4HDSo/THamtYmhmOI/AAAAAAAAaTU/l1BmOhHyQFM/s512/IMG_1663.JPG --

Notice that it ends in .JPG ?? That's key. Wipe through that to "highlight" it, right-click it and then "Copy" it. You won't see anything happen. That's ok. The link is copied into your Paste buffer awaiting the next step)

Now, in the TW forum, enter a message like you always do, then click the icon that looks like a photograph (it says "Insert Image" if you hover it)

You will see it will say "Image URL" and underneath that, http:/ Right-click on that and then click Paste.

Finally, Click the "Insert Image" button that is there to put the link in your message. It will look like this --

(img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Zvkz5M4HDSo/THamtYmhmOI/AAAAAAAAaTU/l1BmOhHyQFM/s512/IMG_1663.JPG[/img)

(Except the brackets surrounding "img" at the from and end of IMG will both be square brackets - [like this ]

Now, you still won't see the picture unless you -Preview- it, or Post it (Add Reply).

Yeah, it sounds complicated and it would be easier to show you were that possible. Perhaps I'll work on a screen-shot tutorial. Meanwhile, in broad terms, what you're doing is:

- Uploading your picture to an online storage (or host) site. I use Picasaweb, others use Photobucket, you can use lots of different sites

- Getting the URL of the image and copying that to your Paste buffer

- Using the TW Forum tools to embed that link into your message

Give it a try and let me know how you make out.
Here's a pic below from my Picasaweb site -

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
+1 for Truelight ! Thank you very much, I will try it tomorrow. I have some really cool pics to post. Goodnight.......

·
Registered
90 Posts
hi truelight, i have been trying for two hours now to post a picture and i still cant do it. i followed your instructions to the letter and it baffles me when you said "Once you see the image in your web album, right-click on it, choose "Properties" ". i dont have that option PROPERTIES? if i did i would be done by now. HELP ME.. PLS.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Slowpoke, I hope I don't complicate things by jumping in, but in Photobucket (and likely in others) you run your cursor over the photo or below it and you see the 4 types of urls show as a list below the photo, move the cursor down to the IMG one (the lowest one) and if you click there it should flash copied at you. If it doesn't just highlight it and go to edit and click on copy. What you are doing is copying that address to paste in to your forum message body. Jump back to the forum open your message and paste in the address. If you have failed and want to try again just go back to your failure and choose edit rather than starting a new message. I usually open Mozilla twice so that I can repeatedly jump back and forth between the Photobucket account and the forum without signing off and on. I'm not a Picasa person so your results may be slightly different if you are going that route. But its like riding a bike, once you get it, its easy. Good luck. Tom

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think i might have figured it out i went to my profile settings on this forum and changed a few parameters. (editor on ect) and here it is..YAHOO!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thank,s everybody for the help. that came from photobucket and now i will try from picasa.

DAM IT!!! CAN NOT DO IT IN PICASA ! well i guess photobucket will have to do.. CHEERS

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Thank,s everybody for the help. that came from photobucket and now i will try from picasa.

DAM IT!!! CAN NOT DO IT IN PICASA ! well i guess photobucket will have to do.. CHEERS

That's because this image is a .png file, not a .jpg. The file MUST be a .jpg image and it MUST end with that extention.

Like this - this is your Picasa image --

and here's you Photobucket image...

·
Registered
90 Posts
wow i am so impressed with your wisdom, you are a god to me. someday i will be somebodys god as well... all kidding aside thanks i will remember JPG as the last part of the address. i appreciate it. cheers

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Thanks. Skill perhaps... wisdom?? Wish I had more of that!

I like this quote --

"Skill is knowing how to do something; Wisdom is knowing what to do next, and Virtue is doing it."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts